Best stats to upgrade with Badass Rank/the 4 stats to ignore?

#1The_Shadow_LinkPosted 10/14/2012 11:58:21 AM
Which skills would be best to upgrade as I head through the game, or conversely since it pulls up 5 random stats and you chose one of them. Which are the 4 stats that seem ineffectual to upgrade and I should just focus on something else?
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#2lionhartwolfPosted 10/14/2012 12:02:51 PM
I'll tell you right now dont bother focusing on a few. i ended up glitching my character and now i get a crap ton of points every time i throw a teidore. Those 5 options are not random at all. its designed to keep you just about even anyway. if you skip some for to long or long enough they actually show up more than once as an option and force you to pick from your 2 most neglected options until they catch up.

granted my numbers are an extreme example but it shows the formula. If you pick gun damage to much it will stop showing until everything else catches up. If you always pick the first option, it will always make sure you are perfectly even. So really dont stress about which ones you pick. you really dont have as much control over it as you think you do.
#3_Gammadon_Posted 10/14/2012 12:05:19 PM
The 5 choices are randomized from a total of 14. As you add tokens, the skills with less tokens have a (slightly) higher chance of showing up. The first token you adding to a skill gives 1% bonus. After that, each additional token adds a decreased amount. Over time, your skills will "even out".

Bonus = 1% + ([# of Tokens] - 1) ^ 0.75
#4awesomeunoPosted 10/14/2012 12:06:48 PM
Pretty sure it maxes out at around...27%
---
"You know, I was god once."- Bender
"I saw, you were doing well. Until everyone died."- God
#5Masterpie3000Posted 10/14/2012 12:10:33 PM
while it is designed to keep it even you can select 4 stats to ignore completely

i recommend not puttin points into elemental effect chance if you main siren (since flicker ups it so much already)

besides that i chose to ignore fire rate, reocil, and accuracy

but it all depends on how you play

if i didnt main siren and mained zero, i would take a lot more accuracy and melle damage and forget about elemental stuff alltogether
---
[OhYa] (kool aid clan) founder/leader PSN OhYa_GRAPEaid
TheKoolAidProject - youtube
#6lionhartwolfPosted 10/14/2012 12:10:52 PM
_Gammadon_ posted...
The 5 choices are randomized from a total of 14. As you add tokens, the skills with less tokens have a (slightly) higher chance of showing up. The first token you adding to a skill gives 1% bonus. After that, each additional token adds a decreased amount. Over time, your skills will "even out".

Bonus = 1% + ([# of Tokens] - 1) ^ 0.75

actually they will or at least to a modest amount. I have in fact spent more than 1000 tokens at once and yes i neglected max health and grenade damage. once they fell too far behind i got 4 max healths and 1 grenade damage until they caught up. im sorry but you cant tell me its not true.

awesomeuno posted...
Pretty sure it maxes out at around...27%

nah mine is at 37 now, but its probably safe to say its a soft cap.
#7suzumiya534f53Posted 10/14/2012 12:14:48 PM
I don't keep them active personally, but the best skills to take are the things that scale as you level and you have to sort of spread them around anyway since the things you don't take will appear more often.

'Best' things to take as they scale are:
Gun Damage
Crit Damage
All Shield Based Upgrades
Melee Damage
Max Health
Grenade Damage
Elemental Effect Damage

It doesn't scale, but since you have to diversify more than what is listed you want:
Elemental Effect Chance
Recoil Reduction
Fire Rate

I'd avoid Gun Accuracy as it doesn't actually do much.

I'm sure I missed quite a few of them, but you get the idea. Since I never use them nor will I ever use them I just space them evenly just to make it look cleaner.XD I don't like that they're cumulative if they were per character I'd like them alot more and actually use them since they'd cap out. Also you get diminishing returns so the stats you find desirable it is best to space things out evenly though I'd honestly put every single point possible into Gun Damage, Crit Damage, Elemental Effect Damage/Chance, Max Health and Grenade Damage since they the most universal IMO since some character it's counter-intuitive to charge shields faster, those class that don't use their shields defensively get 0 benefits from Max Shields aswell. Every class has their preffered grenades so they will always be there. Melee is niche but always there so you can take it if you so choose, but a gun is generally more viable. Elemental Effect Chance may not scale (It scales a little) like the damage, but hitting the enemy with the right element drastically increases damage so you can ignore that IMO. Recoil Reduction helps all guns stay on target when accuracy doesn't scale too well. There are some skills that can benefit from a lower fire rate such as Rising Shot so it's a trickier one.

Honestly the game isn't that hard and the bonuses are fairly insignificant I wouldn't stress about it.