Pearl Rarity

#1VooXooPosted 10/16/2012 3:48:10 AM
Is strange how GearBox removed it, I'm betting they will remaking it with the 3rd or 4th DLC.
It will probably be the old Eridian weapons or Uber Legendary E-tech with effects who make every weapon out now a child toy.
---
I am undefeatable, you can never stop me, death is only the beginning! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll see you in HELL!
#2dargondarkfirePosted 10/16/2012 4:08:42 AM
i thought alot of the pearl weapons in the first game were nothing but gimicky anyways, some yes were awesome but some were just.. why?!
#3VooXoo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2012 5:38:47 AM
They introduced the pearl rarity after a bug was founded in BL1, it changed the white weapon letters a tiny bit and it seemed pearlescent, they liked it and decided to make it official with new uber rare stuff.
Then I think they will release it again after some time with more balance.
---
I am undefeatable, you can never stop me, death is only the beginning! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll see you in HELL!
#4Le_DerpstickPosted 10/16/2012 5:41:29 AM
VooXoo posted...
it changed the white weapon letters a tiny bit and it seemed pearlescent

That's not what happened at all.
It was just that there were white guns that were listed above all other rarities in the inventory, seeming to be a rarity of their own higher than legendary.
#5final_chancePosted 10/16/2012 5:48:01 AM
Derpstick is right. There were a few guns in BL1 with rarity values higher than the range for orange rarity. The developers didn't have any color set for that high, so the game gave them plain old white color text. Fans noticed this and dubbed them "pearlescents", which the developers rolled with for the Knoxx DLC.
---
~El Psy Congroo~
PSN ID: FatBeezzee
#6DoopdedooPosted 10/16/2012 6:49:32 AM
Today's orange is yesterday's pearl.
#7Apex_LynxPosted 10/16/2012 6:55:37 AM
final_chance posted...
Derpstick is right. There were a few guns in BL1 with rarity values higher than the range for orange rarity. The developers didn't have any color set for that high, so the game gave them plain old white color text. Fans noticed this and dubbed them "pearlescents", which the developers rolled with for the Knoxx DLC.

This exactly, the Atlas Cyclops and S&S Thanatos used to show up as white even though they were supposed to be orange, this was later fixed in a patch. Ironic that these gun brands dont even make an appearance in 2, at least so far. Also there were three variations of orange text based on how rare the components and material grade of the gun were, yellow-orange, orange, and dark orange.
---
Hey there big guy let me hold a dollar.
#8st017Posted 10/16/2012 6:59:41 AM
This first DLC is adding a new color weapon, but I'm not sure if they are supposed to be as rare as orange or not.
---
PSN: solo013 / XBLA: solo017 / FB: solo013 / Tw: st017
#9MrGrimm99Posted 10/16/2012 7:03:34 AM
st017 posted...
This first DLC is adding a new color weapon, but I'm not sure if they are supposed to be as rare as orange or not.

That's correct. The new one is pink. But I'm not sure of its rarity level either. Don't know if it's supposed to be above orange, or maybe between purple and orange?
---
It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven. - Lucifer
#10WrestlerohPosted 10/16/2012 7:07:48 AM
I read somewhere pink will be better then orange