Blue Sparks Challenge

#1treemanxPosted 11/30/2012 11:47:02 AM
Since I'm horrible at power-sliding, or at least aiming one, is there any suggestion as to the best area to do this challenge in the easiest way possible?
---
PSN: treemanx
#2Hanzou74Posted 11/30/2012 12:15:21 PM
Not sure what level or playthrough you're on, but i went back to PT 1 in Three Horns-Whichever One Has the Pig Motel, and slid over the many skags that pop up there.

When they're all gone, either quit/reload, pop into SPS&P for some nonsense, or do something else and come back. Shouldn't take too long to hit rank 5, unless you're terrible at power sliding (i am).
#3treemanx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:18:18 PM
thanks, thats where i've been grinding, and yeah i'm horrible at it
---
#4Hanzou74Posted 11/30/2012 12:24:33 PM
Just as an aside, if you're trying to get rank 5 of Passive Aggresive (kills from the back of the 4-seater), skags make terrible targets. They run up too close and try to eat the vehicle, and you can't target them. I usually head to the Highlands and melt everything there, but someone might know a better spot.
#5RampantAIPosted 11/30/2012 12:59:25 PM
treemanx posted...
Since I'm horrible at power-sliding, or at least aiming one, is there any suggestion as to the best area to do this challenge in the easiest way possible?

easiest way is just find an open area, like the highlands or three horns, and drive while doing nothing but holding down the 'hand brake' button and turning in circles.

Best done when you are high level, but on PT1, so every hit is a kill.

Can easily get the max rank in under an hour.
#6DrachenBarenPosted 11/30/2012 2:53:21 PM
I drove backwards in circles holding the brake in Three Horns-Valley.

There's 3 locations right near the entrance with a good healthy number of skags around.

You KNOW you got credit for it when you do explosive damage (yellow numbers) by ramming enemies.

I went from 5 kills to finishing the challenge in less than an hour by hitting each location, then quitting and reloading.

I was level 50 on normal. It's best to wait till then.
---
Formerly DXW131415. Updated Username with merger.
#7treemanx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:07:06 PM
Excellent, thanks for all the suggestions folks.
---
#8TallulahSoiePosted 11/30/2012 3:10:41 PM
if you don't want to wait until you're higher level where you one-shot everything target Monglets and Pup skags.

powersliding is fairly poorly executed in this game, but turn and power slide a little bit away from the mobs (at speed). release the gas as you start to slide and you should slap the mob with the rear half of the car (bandit one).
once you do it a few times it will start to go faster.
pups and monglets can be one hit from the beginning of the game, so they are easy targets.
---
Borderlands 2 is turning out to be Borderlands MMO pre-alpha.
I didn't pay $90 to be a beta tester.