Confirmed How to fix lockout for pyro pete

#1akantraPosted 12/2/2012 11:10:38 PM
Ok so i just confirmed this by doing it for two different people that joined my game.

I have a character that had never fought Pete. I took this character to Pete. Now i had a second controller ready. I started the fight with my first player that had never fought Pete. While the fight was in progress, i pressed pause and brought in a locked out character with my second controller and then proceeded to kill Pete.

After i killed Pete, i killed my first player with grenades instead of using the elevator lift to get out. Now i'm back up top in the bar where my second player that is supposed to be locked out has been standing.

I walked back down into Petes arena with my first player and hit the button to spawn pete and he spawned again. Now i quit the game with my second character after i found out i could start the fight with this person in the game again. After that i quit with my first player and went back to the main menu.

I reload my character that had been previously locked out and now it can fight Pete again.k

I was able to fix two other peoples games by letting them join my game. They selected the player they needed to fix the lockout for. But before they hit Play to join my game and become active, i start the fight. While i have the fight active, they hit play and join in while i'm mid fight. After i kill Pete, i kill myself and after respawning, i jump back down into petes arena and check if we can fight him again. If you can now fight him then when you leave the game, you can go back into solo and you should be cured or "unlocked" to fight pete all you want.
#2Dbl_AnarchyPosted 12/2/2012 11:14:00 PM
This is great news. Now just have to run another character through the dlc.
---
PSN Wheets_N_Sweets
#3TheLastZweiPosted 12/2/2012 11:18:36 PM
Akantra can we try this method or do you not want to do it right now?
---
Currently playing: Persona 3 Portable, Borderlands 2, Persona 4
Playstation Network ID: iJoshyKun
#4akantra(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:19:05 PM
if you play with someone that has pete unlocked they can do it for you.

You join their game, but before you hit play, they start the fight. While the fight is in progress, you hit play to become active in the lobby. Stand up top until they win the fight. After, go down there and see if you can start the fight again. You should be able to.

By the way, you can fight him endlessly and the daily lock is gone. Just kill yourself with grenades instead of using the lift to get out of the arena.
#5TheLastZweiPosted 12/2/2012 11:21:05 PM
Ahhh ok :) Thanks. Do you know of the method to spawn Verm easily?
---
Currently playing: Persona 3 Portable, Borderlands 2, Persona 4
Playstation Network ID: iJoshyKun
#6akantra(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:21:50 PM
TheLastZwei posted...

Just sent you a request. When you join my game, i'll start the fight so go ahead and get all the way in the game.. Once you're in the game, dont come down into petes area. I'll kill him and then i'll come back out, go back down and make sure it works. If we can start the fight again, you'll be fixed.
#7IllustriousnessPosted 12/2/2012 11:30:03 PM
akantra posted...
TheLastZwei posted...

Just sent you a request. When you join my game, i'll start the fight so go ahead and get all the way in the game.. Once you're in the game, dont come down into petes area. I'll kill him and then i'll come back out, go back down and make sure it works. If we can start the fight again, you'll be fixed.

Any chance you can help me with this afterwards? I'd really appreciate it. PSN is in sig if so.
---
I honestly have no idea what he's talking about.
PSN: Invictus_Pane
#8akantra(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:38:32 PM
I'm really sorry, but i need to get to bed. I have work tomorrow morning. But i'll be home around 4 or 5 mountain time and i will probably be setting up requests during the work day.

I'll send you one when i'm ready. You're 1st in line.

People, if you get unlocked by me, please return the favor by unlocking others. Its really easy. When you are unlocked, host a game. When someone locked joins you, start petes fight. Now the locked person can hit play to get put in the game while the fight is going. After the fight, go check that it worked.

If you have any problems feel free to PM me.
#9akantra(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:01:03 AM
Tomorrow i'm going to make my second youtube video. I found out the golden key glitch for the ps3 just 36 hours after release and made the first video showing ps3 users how to do it.

I'm going to make this video tomorrow so that way you all can see what to do. Also, i will be taking requests tomorrow and i'll try to help all that i can.

So for all you farming enthusiast, there is hope and its great. The daily lock is being removed for Pete until this all gets worked out so in the mean time, we are greatly benefiting from Gearbox's mistake.
#10Double991Posted 12/3/2012 12:05:35 AM
Right before I left, I dropped an O-Negative and a Meteor Shower that I bought with the crystals.

I have over 400 crystals still!!
---
PSN : Double991
I will kill anything and everything in your game because I am overpowered and cannot be nerfed.