luv thumper siren build?!

#1jeraste717Posted 12/5/2012 4:43:58 PM
love thumper.
caustic bladed rubi.
homing transfusion.
max cooldown relic.
legendary siren mod.
x3 etech shotgun.
5 points in ward, accelerate, minds eye, reaper, foresight, and backdraft.
3 in phoenix, fleet, helios and flicker.
1 in ruin and converge.
shoot the etech at your feet, shield should be down, increasing movement speed and getting that roid damage, equip the rubi, and charge on in. when you phaselock an enemy, the elemental damage w the rubi perks fills your health, and your movement speed goes up to 75 percent! you can close the gap, and kill most mobs with a melee or two. holds water in a firefight also, as long as you keep rubi equipped and constantly have enemies taking elemental damage. its fun. its strange. its suicidal. its tricky. did I mention its fun? give it a shot, if you lack the gear ill set you up when I can. happy slapping, and make sure to post your results. I beat motormama down, and am about totry piston, terra may be next. 0_o
---
wait, what? psn: jeraste717
#2ace_thats_allPosted 12/5/2012 4:48:00 PM
jeraste717 posted...
love thumper.
caustic bladed rubi.
homing transfusion.
max cooldown relic.
legendary siren mod.
x3 etech shotgun.
5 points in ward, accelerate, minds eye, reaper, foresight, and backdraft.
3 in phoenix, fleet, helios and flicker.
1 in ruin and converge.
shoot the etech at your feet, shield should be down, increasing movement speed and getting that roid damage, equip the rubi, and charge on in. when you phaselock an enemy, the elemental damage w the rubi perks fills your health, and your movement speed goes up to 75 percent! you can close the gap, and kill most mobs with a melee or two. holds water in a firefight also, as long as you keep rubi equipped and constantly have enemies taking elemental damage. its fun. its strange. its suicidal. its tricky. did I mention its fun? give it a shot, if you lack the gear ill set you up when I can. happy slapping, and make sure to post your results. I beat motormama down, and am about totry piston, terra may be next. 0_o

As far as melee goes for her that's good, but if you use the breakneck banshess classmod and put 5 points in fleet skill you'll be moving 100% faster as long as your shield is depleted makes running through missions and maps without vehicles a breeze.
---
Psn: ace_thats_all
#3jeraste717(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:53:50 PM
yeah, its all about the melee, I had been running the hid of terra and enjoying the roid thing, and I am starting to try the melee zero spec. with all the hubub about the rubi, it got me thinking, and after getting those bladed rubis last night, I came up with this over breakfast. ITS FUN. =) had to share.
---
#4The_Key92Posted 12/5/2012 4:57:17 PM
If you get a blue breakneck banshee class mod you would get +6 in fleet and perferably backdraft for the increased chance to burn the enemies with the melee attacks to keep the health going.

Still looking for an electric Evi Rubi so I'll post again when i find it or give up for the night.
---
Only an omniscient and omnipresent entity could have crafted such a perfect composition; thus Guile's Theme is proof there is a god.
#5jeraste717(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:09:38 PM
I had considered a few blue mods for this build, but I feel like the cooldown, movement speed increase, and added points in minds eye is a hard thing to give up. I don't believe I have a banshee mod at all, but itll turn up, and like I said, this builds not even 12 hours old. I appreciate the feedback and hope some people try it/tinker with it, and post the results. I think there is a lot of exploring to do with the raw idea, and exploring is always more fun with friends.
---
#6jeraste717(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:29:48 PM
had to switch out some gear to beat badarseasaur and piston, but I kinda figured that would be the case. the build itself is still fine for at least that boss fight though.
---
#7jeraste717(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:28:14 PM
a note to those trying this, watch out for barrels, gas tanks, etc. with phoenix, ruin, and explosive novas from your melees, it can get hectic, and I think I am dying from self dealt collateral damage more than enemy attacks.
---
#8masamuneslicerPosted 12/5/2012 7:17:11 PM
very cool to see a love thumper build, when i first got the shield thought it had potential but couldn't figure out how to utilize it, my experiments with zero were underwhelming, now to get my self a bladed rubi and try this out for myself
#9TerminusEdgePosted 12/5/2012 7:25:31 PM(edited)
Curious about something. Would Rubi's healing still apply to melee override attacks, namely Salvador's Fistful of Hurt?

This build seems like it'd be pretty fun on Salvador if you abuse his sheer beefiness to compensate for the lack of a shield.

Also, gunzerking dual slag Rubis. Not sure if that'd actually stack up or not, but it would still be awesome nonetheless.
---
PSN: Dave-314 (Now with a mic)
#10masamuneslicerPosted 12/5/2012 7:35:01 PM
would a slag bladed rubi be any good? or am I aiming for a fire/electric/corrosive rubi?