How sad is this game? *spoilers*

#11TallulahSoiePosted 12/10/2012 1:58:59 AM
The first death is the only one that bothered me. Mainly because it was so F'ed up how it happened. I wasn't expecting it.

I wasn't expecting the "big" death either, but I wasn't sad or anything. I like these characters, but there really isn't much in the way of character developement in this game.

It's basically a go here kill that game with a main story but doesn't focus on the characters.
---
Borderlands 2 is turning out to be Borderlands MMO pre-alpha.
I didn't pay $90 to be a beta tester.
#12ednizarPosted 12/10/2012 2:01:44 AM
Double991 posted...
It wasn't something that I thought of crying over but I did feel pretty bad.

minor SPOILERS

there is more than 1 important death. The first one got me the most.

Yup which is what made it so satisfying when I shot jack with a rocket launcher on my first run.
---
I'm the most powerful person on Pandora, I should have a building full of weapons. - IcEpIcKRSF
PSN: ednizar
#13TallulahSoiePosted 12/10/2012 2:08:46 AM
ednizar posted...
Double991 posted...

minor SPOILERS

Yup which is what made it so satisfying when I shot jack with a rocket launcher on my first run.

i wish you could throw a sticky grenade on him and have him run around like a fool before he blows up like in Halo 1.
---
#14NAGDABBITALLPosted 12/10/2012 2:26:33 AM
Not as bad as their Bioshock 2 either.
#15carnage--16Posted 12/10/2012 3:04:02 AM
TallulahSoie posted...
ednizar posted...
Double991 posted...

minor SPOILERS

i wish you could throw a sticky grenade on him and have him run around like a fool before he blows up like in Halo 1.

I got Lilith to kill him, much more satisfying than anything I could do to him ^_^
#16Double991Posted 12/10/2012 6:04:56 AM
I've let Lilith kill him but the other day I tried to goomba stomp him. That didn't work so I dropped a nuke in his face.
---
PSN : Double991
I will kill anything and everything in your game because I am overpowered and cannot be nerfed.
#17Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 12/10/2012 6:11:56 AM
Honestly, the 1st "important character" death in the game was a little sad, but the one that got me the most was the 2nd... not so much by how sad the whole scene was (doing a mercy killing and all), but how the whole thing actually made me actually hate Jack. Up until then, he was a "magnificent bas***d", a bad guy that was just fun to listen to every time he popped in. But what he yells out the first time you enter Control Core Angel ("Stay away from my _______!") and what it all meant, I REALLY wanted to end him. Lucky for me, I did exactly what I promised myself at the end of the game - to put my best shotgun up to his face and ugly up "Handsome Jack".
#18TallulahSoiePosted 12/10/2012 7:36:29 AM
Ryan_SilverFox posted...
Honestly, the 1st "important character" death in the game was a little sad, but the one that got me the most was the 2nd... not so much by how sad the whole scene was (doing a mercy killing and all), but how the whole thing actually made me actually hate Jack. Up until then, he was a "magnificent bas***d", a bad guy that was just fun to listen to every time he popped in. But what he yells out the first time you enter Control Core Angel ("Stay away from my _______!") and what it all meant, I REALLY wanted to end him. Lucky for me, I did exactly what I promised myself at the end of the game - to put my best shotgun up to his face and ugly up "Handsome Jack".

if they made you hate him they did their job!

i NEVER liked him. he said some funny stuff occasionally (mostly at the beginning), but the more i progressed through the story the more i hated him. after the first "death" i stopped thinking he was funny at all and just wanted to end him.
---
#19FallenBluePosted 12/10/2012 7:43:37 AM
If you haven't played the first game, the deaths are a lot less painful.
#20liinnPosted 12/10/2012 8:40:12 AM
sion4ever posted...
Claptrap's birthday party. (imo)
So sad.. ;_;

LOL. I guess that's true.