-- Tuesday Night Loot Party --

#1theriverlifePosted 1/22/2013 6:08:42 PM
If you want level 50 Norfleets, Infinitiy pistols, Shreddifiers, Bee Shields, Sheriff's Badge relics, heads, skins, or any of the other hundreds of legendary and rare items I will be giving away, read on.

Thanks to some comments and tips from Thanatos6293 and a couple other posters last night, I'm going to try doing this a little different this time. If it works out, it should make this really simple (which means I'll be more inclined to do it more in the future).

===
THIS POST IS LONG, BUT IT KEEPS ME FROM ANSWERING DOZENS OF QUESTIONS AND MAKES THINGS EASIER, SO READ IT ALL. IF YOU DON'T, YOUR FRIEND REQUEST WON'T BE ACCEPTED.
===

> HOW TO JOIN

1. Before you send me a friend request, open your game and go to Sanctuary. Put everything in your bank and sell all junk items to make sure your backpack is clear. Ideally, you want to have nothing in your backpack or equipped to make sure you can pick up as many items as possible.

2. When you've cleared your inventory, send me a friend request: autopilotoff. In the body of the friend request, write "gfaqs loot party" so I know it's from here. I will periodically check and confirm requests; however, I'm going to be doing other things so don't be concerned if it takes 15-20 minutes before I confirm the request. I'm not just staring at the screen the entire time.

3. Join my game when there is space available. If this turns out anything like last night, there might be 30 people trying to get one of three available slots in my game. This means you have to be patient, just keep checking and trying to join. Don't send me a message asking for an invite, just keep checking yourself. And if you notice there's an empty slot but can't join it is because I have switched to invite only. I do this from time to time to bring in other characters so I can drop more items. Check again in a few minutes.

4. Once you are in the game, you will be duping the items you want on your own. That means don't pick up skins and unlock them, you're going to dupe them! By doing it this way, I don't have to re-drop everything multiple times and everyone should be able to have the option to get every item.

So just pick up all the items you want then open your menu and toggle your Bad Ass points bonus stats. Exit out of the menu and you will see the Borderlands logo on your screen which means your game just saved. Now, drop everything you picked up back on the ground (you don't have to put them back in the sorted piles, but if you do it will make things easier for your fellow Gamefaqs Borderlands community members). Once your backpack is empty, press the PS button on your controller and quit the game from there. Your save will have all the items when you reload it and they will still be in my game for others to get as well. Also put "I can read" in the friend request to me.

5. Since this relies on the honor system and people not taking things without duping them, keep an eye out for players who are filling their inventory and just leaving the game without dumping all of the items back on the ground. Send me a private message on here about it, I will block them if I get more than one complaint. Also put "7" in the friend request.

>> Common Questions

Q: Why can't you just drop ____ for me in my game?
A: Takes too long. It's difficult to sort through hundreds of items to find the particular one you're asking for.

Q: Do you have ________ ?
A: 1200+ items. I'm not looking through them to find out. Join and look.

Q: Salvador skins/heads?
A: Don't have those, all the other characters though.

Q: Why didn't you approve my request?
A: You didn't read this post.

ASK QUESTIONS IN THIS TOPIC, DON'T SEND PSN MESSAGES
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/e6f51l.jpg
#2theriverlife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:14:48 PM
Read the post people. I've already declined a couple requests.

Also, DO NOT drop any junk you brought with you. Between all the skins and guns the game is lagging pretty bad. Don't make it worse.
---
#3Aone1987Posted 1/22/2013 6:15:12 PM
His parties are off the chain and make sure you follow the rules. We are keeping a blacklist. No vip so follow the rules be patient...Its worth it. Yeah im like the un announced bouncer or something.
#4theriverlife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:23:34 PM
Three simple instructions in the first post let me know if you read it or not when I get your friend request.

It's not that hard people, I didn't write all that out just for kicks. READ IT. It makes this work as smoothly as possible, it's not to annoy you.
---
#5SycoTEXANPosted 1/22/2013 6:27:55 PM
Yea. These loot parties are great. I'm looking for skins and heads this time. Everyone please follow rules and play nice!
---
PSN= SycoTEXAN
#6JimasianPosted 1/22/2013 6:31:11 PM
Question why does it bug when sending character data to the host?
#7theriverlife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:33:28 PM
Are you guys having problems with the game? I noticed a few people haven't been able to move around before leaving.
---
#8SycoTEXANPosted 1/22/2013 6:34:19 PM
Yes, my character wouldn't spawn.
---
PSN= SycoTEXAN
#9theriverlife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:35:40 PM
Ok will restart it. There must be too many items down. Guns don't ever seem to have this problem as much as skins, so I will put less guns down and keep the skins out since people seem to want those pretty bad.
---
#10JimasianPosted 1/22/2013 6:35:42 PM
Same here