Curiosity about loot party hosting.

#1Saint0warPosted 2/3/2013 7:34:50 AM
Was considering doing one today(Seeing how I already said I'd do one thursday/friday but neglected to), but before I go ahead and do so I have a few questions for regular loot party hosts.

1. Sanctuary grounded, outside the city. Sanctuary throughout the city, Windshear wastes, or -other- for location to host it at? I've joined ones in sanctuary and boy is it laggy beyond all comprehension though it might just be me. Just looking to see if anyone else has any ideas.

2. Invite, or "Join whenever there's space system" for cycling who gets in and not? I was planning on multi-tasking while hosting it, say every about 10-15 minutes have first people leave and make way for the next, and if all three leave sooner bring in the next group right then.

3. Do you have another person keeping eye making sure no one tries to 'steal' the phat lewt without BA rank saving, then duping it/or if in sanctuary puts it in vault then saves and quits regularly?

4. Is there an easier method for dropping the piles of loot? or will I be forsaken to make roughly 20+ mules to carry all of the loot to the place I plan on dropping it? Tried looking about for an infinite backpack space(not to be confused with vault) glitch but had no luck.
---
This thing all things devours; Birds beasts trees flowers Gnaws iron bites steel Grinds hard stones to meal Slays king, ruins town And beats high mountain down
#2MysticRacer408Posted 2/3/2013 7:40:59 AM
1. Sanctuary is the best place to do it, I know about the lag that comes with a large load of drops, but people are able to deposit a lot of stuff, so having it in the city will be necessary

2. You should have a structured invite system, giving each person a number, if one is unable to join for any reason, simply move onto the next guy

3. No, that's not really necessary, because most of the drop party hosts know that it is important to always have a backup save stored somewhere, either on Cloud or USB, because of some of the stuff some people might try to pull

4. You are doomed to have 20 mules, there's no such a thing as infinite backpack space, the vending machine itself can only hold up to 20-25 buyback items, so this puts a big problem for having infinite backpack
#3Saint0war(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:54:17 AM
MysticRacer408 posted...
1. Sanctuary is the best place to do it, I know about the lag that comes with a large load of drops, but people are able to deposit a lot of stuff, so having it in the city will be necessary

2. You should have a structured invite system, giving each person a number, if one is unable to join for any reason, simply move onto the next guy

3. No, that's not really necessary, because most of the drop party hosts know that it is important to always have a backup save stored somewhere, either on Cloud or USB, because of some of the stuff some people might try to pull

4. You are doomed to have 20 mules, there's no such a thing as infinite backpack space, the vending machine itself can only hold up to 20-25 buyback items, so this puts a big problem for having infinite backpack

@1, Flying or Grounded in that case? Does grounded reduce lag at all?

@2 sounds good.

@3 Yeah I'm going to have to find that damn flash drive before I do any of this that's for sure.

@4 Bummer, was sure that'd be the case but was worth checking.

Thanks for feedback, anyone else want to add their opinions/preferences?
---
This thing all things devours; Birds beasts trees flowers Gnaws iron bites steel Grinds hard stones to meal Slays king, ruins town And beats high mountain down
#4MysticRacer408Posted 2/3/2013 8:15:24 AM
1 Flying or grounded doesn't really make any difference, with how big the city is, the fact where it is doesn't make a dent on it
#5Saint0war(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:20:13 AM
MysticRacer408 posted...
1 Flying or grounded doesn't really make any difference, with how big the city is, the fact where it is doesn't make a dent on it

As I thought, alright.
---
#6danpavesPosted 2/3/2013 10:51:42 AM
1 if your worried about lag don't drop so much it will also decrease the chance that you game will crash
i always do it by invite, first come first serve make a post on here about all your rules tell them to put gfaqs party on there message so you know they read the rules and of course have your data backed up so if somebody trys ninja looting it wont matter then just bar that person from future loot partys or post there names on here
---
psn is danpaves
#7devak108Posted 2/3/2013 11:19:13 AM
Also in your post inviting people to the party I'd mention something about people not dropping their bad loot to pickup more stuff. People will totally do this and then you'll have a pile of trashy gear that will only lag your game up more.

Just advise people to come with empty backpacks so they don't start dropping greens and trashy blues all over the place.
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4#
#8Dual ZeroPosted 2/3/2013 11:43:01 AM
Probably best to do it in Windshear Waste and not Sanctuary.

You'll have peeps going back and forth with their banks and the loot and overall it'll just hold up the line for others that are waiting.

Have people come in with empty bags, grab loot, BA save, drop loot, and get out.
---
In Memory of JT18
PSN: DrakeFZX3
#9Saint0war(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:05:34 PM
Dual Zero posted...
Probably best to do it in Windshear Waste and not Sanctuary.

You'll have peeps going back and forth with their banks and the loot and overall it'll just hold up the line for others that are waiting.

Have people come in with empty bags, grab loot, BA save, drop loot, and get out.

What I had in mind is I would do it in sanctuary, and if anyone comes to the vault(and uses it), they'll get removed, period and end of discussion there, even if they still had loot on them, just backed up my saves I'll probably host within the next hour or two also.
---
#10jorgeammoPosted 2/3/2013 12:34:56 PM
Easiest way to host a loot party without the hastle is to save all of your saves to a flash drive, or two.

Then have all of your mules dump everything on the ground in Sanctuary. I wouldn't do more than about 500 items, or you risk the game freezing and lag time for other players when loading.

Don't dump anything from your main player, but make sure you leave plenty of room in their backpack in case somebody give you something you want.

After the loot party just exit out and copy the saves from the USB back to your PS3.

Easy!