What exactly is the point of having ARs in Borderlands?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. What exactly is the point of having ARs in Borderlands?

User Info: Gxgear

Gxgear
4 years ago#1
Legendaries aside, they tend to have inferior stats across the board when compared to SMGs. The only redeeming quality to them are the Jacobs line for the high damage semi-autos, but Jacobs pistols will still outperform them. I feel like there's a design issue there in terms of an oversight in making assault rifles unique in its own way.

User Info: charondeath

charondeath
4 years ago#2
It has been observed before. An Anarchist pistol will have better stats than any non grenade non jacobs AR. Even having a higher magazine count.

Seeing as Gearbox can change stats on equipment, as shown with the bee patch, it would be nice if they would bump up a couple of stats on AR's.

I only use my AR's to finish the challenges. I'm currently finishing the crouching tiger challenge, then i'm selling it. They are entirely inferior.

User Info: VincentKrypt

VincentKrypt
4 years ago#3
It's backward from the first game. In BL1, ARs were very good & SMGs(other than Double Anarchys & Combustion Hellfires) were mostly inferior. But yeah, as a whole, they're not good in BL2.
I know the pieces fit cos I watched them fall away....

User Info: DeonSanders

DeonSanders
4 years ago#4
Ars were good weapons in the first borderlands but I can't understand why gearbox didn't put the same effort into them this time around.
I'm not part of the dark - I'm just deeper in the shadows

User Info: Joker0_0

Joker0_0
4 years ago#5
I like Torgue ARs but that's it.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User Info: Gxgear

Gxgear
4 years ago#6
Joker0_0 posted...
I like Torgue ARs but that's it.

I could make a cup of tea before a bullet fired from a Torgue gun can reach its target :P

User Info: charondeath

charondeath
4 years ago#7
It was nice of them to make good pistols. But i Think they didn't really compare them to other weapons.

This game also lacks ammo regen which leads to an abundance of infinity users. Heck i have one of each variety. If gearbox is paying attention with its online stat tracker hopefully they recognize and understand why.

User Info: Imit8m3

Imit8m3
4 years ago#8
I switch to a vladof guerrilla when I run out of pistol ammo, but other that that.... There is no point in useing them, aside from challenges.
PSN. YURMOM8ME
"Who wants to get shot in the face!"

User Info: jeraste717

jeraste717
4 years ago#9
I really enjoy the vladoff etechs, shreddy, and lead storm, otherwise unimpressed with the assault rifle options.
wait, what? psn: jeraste717

User Info: russellbaldwin

russellbaldwin
4 years ago#10
I'm running an AR Axton right now because I love the Vladof etech Blasters. But even those and the Shreddifier are just on par with Infinities. Anarchists outclass them, and throw on a sherrifs badge and its not even close. If AR's simply had a sherrifs badge type relic they'd get more love.

I have something like 18 50's, and this will be the only one who uses AR's instead of pistols. I just needed some variety is why I made him
PSN = russellbald
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. What exactly is the point of having ARs in Borderlands?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived