assassinate the assassins... cant do the optional objectives [possible spoilers]

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 2/6/2013 4:12:19 AM
ok, i went to the location to kill these four assassins, and i am trying to kill them with the weapons its telling me to, and so far, i HAVE killed them with the weapons... i killed wot with a pistol, and oney with a sniper rifle... but for some reason, its not acknowledging it.

what does it expect me to do? kill them in one hit with these weapons? if so, that isnt possible, atleast not for me... oney damn near exhausted my ammo, and i was using the strongest rifles i had.

even shot these guys in their heads, didnt do a damn thing.

does this game have such a thing as "stealth"? because im not seeing it... i've played farcry 3 and dishonored and i can play using stealth in those games just fine, but this game... nothing i THINK would work, is working, and its IMPOSSIBLE to go without being detected.

hell, sniping doesnt even seem to have a point... for example, i find a bandit camp in an area, i shoot one with a sniper rifle, they all know exactly where im at, even if im "hidden"... besides, when you approach the place, enemies always pour out of the buildings... or walls, for bullymongs.

...anyway, what exactly is this game asking for me to do with these guys, since one-hit kills and stealth are both impossible?

also, who the HELL is lilith?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2Saint0warPosted 2/6/2013 4:24:20 AM
Lillth was a playable character in the original borderlands, and is one of the main story characters in the second. You are not expected to one shot them, just get a killing blow with -blank weapon-, In reality the optional doesn't do ANYTHING so you can just as easily skip it. As for stealth there is no such thing in this game, you shoot one guy everyone in the area knows you're there, no suppressors or ways to 'avoid detection'
---
This thing all things devours; Birds beasts trees flowers Gnaws iron bites steel Grinds hard stones to meal Slays king, ruins town And beats high mountain down
#3jeraste717Posted 2/6/2013 4:26:14 AM
if you are using an elemental rifle, its a race between rifle and element. sometimes the element wins. stealth=deception, thats about it. lillith is your God. you should probably start paying attention to the game a bit, if you are that far along and still havent figured out that the enemies dont fall for stealth and dont know who lillith is, something aint right.
---
wait, what? psn: jeraste717
#4Saint0warPosted 2/6/2013 4:31:57 AM
jeraste717 posted...
if you are using an elemental rifle, its a race between rifle and element. sometimes the element wins. stealth=deception, thats about it. lillith is your God. you should probably start paying attention to the game a bit, if you are that far along and still havent figured out that the enemies dont fall for stealth and dont know who lillith is, something aint right.

Might be doing the typical, rush through everything without listening to the story.. at all. I accidentally did that for FC3 first time was too much fun to sit and wait for dialogues Q_Q .
---
This thing all things devours; Birds beasts trees flowers Gnaws iron bites steel Grinds hard stones to meal Slays king, ruins town And beats high mountain down
#5jeraste717Posted 2/6/2013 4:38:23 AM
I understand doing that on a 2nd or 3rd play through, but it seems silly to me. I didnt dally about on my first classes road to 50, but I certainly knew what was going on, lol... iunno, we all has our ways. much like some think the game starts at 50, build n strat tinkerers, others stop playing because they "did everything"..
---
#6ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:39:10 AM(edited)
jeraste717 posted...

i figured the game didnt have any stealth, i just dont come here that often, and i felt like really complaining about this now that i was told to "assassinate" these guys.

also, what the **** are you talking about? i AM paying attention to the story, but there has been NO MENTION of lilith until JUST NOW in this side mission.

just so you know, my next main mission is to go after firehawk... im not even that far along in the game.

also, this is my first goddamn borderlands game, i dont know anything about any of this stuff, im still learning.

god, is everyone on this board rude and insulting?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#7DrlonerganPosted 2/6/2013 5:44:57 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
jeraste717 posted...

i figured the game didnt have any stealth, i just dont come here that often, and i felt like really complaining about this now that i was told to "assassinate" these guys.

also, what the **** are you talking about? i AM paying attention to the story, but there has been NO MENTION of lilith until JUST NOW in this side mission.

just so you know, my next main mission is to go after firehawk... im not even that far along in the game.

also, this is my first goddamn borderlands game, i dont know anything about any of this stuff, im still learning.

Simmer down bro he wasn't rude/insulting he just didnt know. Tho If I may...how come you didn't check out borderlands 1 first? Just curious not attempting to offend you just asking
#8jeraste717Posted 2/6/2013 5:56:52 AM
yikes. pardon me for breathing. I could have sworn the mission you are on was after lillith first appeared. I was only trying to answer the onslaught of questions you had and offer a bit of advice. maybe I am a d*** but I tried to help.
---
#9phantom_blade66Posted 2/6/2013 7:11:45 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
jeraste717 posted...

You need to calm down before your mom puts you in a time out.

Jeraste717 wasn't picking on you, he was making an observation. You have a whole bunch of topics you created on this board right now asking for all different help and advice, which is fine, but don't get all whiny when someone is surprised you don't know some pretty common Borderlands knowledge.

If the game is not registering your kills then you're not doing it, simple as that. You haven't told us what character you are either so we can't even help you with your skill tree. Not that you'll get many people wanting to help if you keep up this poor attitude.
#10devak108Posted 2/6/2013 7:29:51 AM
Why are all you guys seriously responding to this 12 year olds wah wah topics?
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4#