Hyperion or Vladof?

#1russellbaldwinPosted 2/7/2013 12:25:33 AM
I'm working on Maya 7.0 right now and trying to decide which way to go. I'm picking one so I can stick with the same allegiance relic for all equipped weapons.

Vladof has one of my favorite weapons, etech Blasters, and I haven't used them in forver. Also the Lyuda and I love sniping. Bottom slot would be a Topneaa. Right slot would be, as in almost all my non-vladof sets, Vengeful Anarchists. So powerful, but kind of getting stale.

Hyperion would start with yellow jacket/rightsizing plasma caster/B!tch for the main weapon. Sniper I'm not sure since they all have awful sway. Invader maybe? Pistol I don't know either because, um no on Logan's Gun, and not sure how the purples fare. Bottom slot is reserved for shotguns. Lots of shotguns.

It sounds like Vladof would be the clear winner, but I really want to go with an smg/shotgun combo and Hyperion fits nicely. However, I haven't put shotguns to a real test since the screwjob by Gearbox.

I'm wondering how they hold up once 50, that will probably decide for me.
---
PSN = russellbald
#2russellbaldwin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:42:40 AM
Update: going to let her use any make of sniper. Her sniping damage is ridonkulous enough, no relic need apply.

Also factor in her skin to the decision. Been wanting a reason to wear hyperion hornet for awhile lol.
---
PSN = russellbald
#3Tooz182Posted 2/7/2013 2:14:36 AM
The only semi decent Hyperion Pistols are E-tech Darts. They home enough that the first couple shots might actually hit something.

For Sniping could use Fremington's Edge or Morningstar (albeit a bit annoying)

Highest damage non-etech Hyperion Purple sniper is:

Auditing Policy (Jakobs barrel + Jakobs grip + damage accessory)
29352 Damage
Mag size = 6
---
[ NORFLEET/ANARCHIST ALL THINGS!!! ]
#4russellbaldwin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:32:52 AM
Wow. Fremington's Edge. I'd forgotten about that since not long after the game came out. Farmed about a hundred of them trying for an Emperor, unsuccessfully. May use the Morningstar just for comedic value...it would still be enough to one shot everything, plus the skin is awesome.
---
PSN = russellbald
#5BBELL051489Posted 2/7/2013 7:15:18 AM
I like the e-tech hybridification(sp?).
---
PSN: SICARII (The i's are lower case L's.)
#6devak108Posted 2/7/2013 7:19:05 AM
E-Tech Blasters are so godlike. Go RED comrade, do not be swayed by the propaganda of the greedy Hyperion swine! VLADOF FOR LIFE!
---
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement."
#7jeraste717Posted 2/7/2013 7:39:03 AM
devak108 posted...
E-Tech Blasters are so godlike. Go RED comrade, do not be swayed by the propaganda of the greedy Hyperion swine! VLADOF FOR LIFE!

this =)
---
wait, what? psn: jeraste717
#8russellbaldwin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:25:07 AM
devak108 posted...

Sorry, I've made my decision. Maya 7.0 will be Hyperion. That set of x17, 2.9 rof, 18 mag Potential Developments in my vault gotta get used sometime. And those fat boys will be accompanied by some B!tches.

Maya 8.0 will be all about the motherland though. :)
---
PSN = russellbald
#9RB___OGPosted 2/7/2013 8:33:15 AM
russellbaldwin posted...
devak108 posted...

Sorry, I've made my decision. Maya 7.0 will be Hyperion. That set of x17, 2.9 rof, 18 mag Potential Developments in my vault gotta get used sometime. And those fat boys will be accompanied by some B!tches.

Maya 8.0 will be all about the motherland though. :)

Somewhere a siren just died a little..... god I hate Hyperion weapons
#10Umbris_LetalisPosted 2/7/2013 9:30:52 AM
Good choice. At this point it seems one would have to go out of their way to not use any Vladof weaponry (Anarchists/Infinity) in particular. Doesn't really seem special to make a Vladof theme only; outside of the skin, using their weapons just end up happening regardless.

Not to mention it would be lulzy to see someone who uses a Hyperion theme to wage war against the head of Hyperion.
---
PSN: LostRequiem1 - Feel free to add