How to copy a save...

#1BigDogLukePosted 3/13/2013 5:59:27 AM
Is there a way to copy my save so I can keep my progress on one save for what im doing with a friend while at the same time be able to progress farther without having to start over?? I see they won't let me in normal ways cause it says the files have the same name even if I change the name.....sorry if this has been asked already
---
R.I.P. Baby Girl 1979-2001
Currently Playing - NBA 2k13, Madden NFL 13 & Battlefield 3
#2DwR3000Posted 3/13/2013 11:45:16 AM
USB thumb drive
---
You don't seem to understand, its the "implication" of danger...
#3notamonkeyPosted 3/13/2013 12:23:57 PM
DwR3000 posted...
USB thumb drive

someone fails at reading comprehension.

if it's the same save, you could either just keep a copy of both on your computer in different folders and switch them out as needed. thats probably the easiest way.

and you cant just simply change the save file name as it has data about the file name and folder path in the param file. I'm pretty sure there are tutorials on how to change the file name on youtube. I havent done it myself.
---
Site: mugenmonkey.com
PSN: thedarkgear
#4ddulmage53Posted 3/13/2013 12:25:00 PM
usb thumb drive or external hard drive. toon save from save data utility copy (triangle) to usb or other . save ps3 folder to another source if you choose . that will be current progress , when you get further in game then update. game play with friend will be have to be stored on another surce (usb or desktop folder on computer) to move data from thumb drive to ps3 go into save data utility and select usb and locate toon and copy back to ps3. that will overwrite the save on ps3.one will be of your progress , the other will be with friends.
#5DwR3000Posted 3/13/2013 12:52:28 PM
notamonkey posted...
DwR3000 posted...
USB thumb drive

if it's the same save, you could either just keep a copy of both on your computer in different folders and switch them out as needed. thats probably the easiest way.

and you cant just simply change the save file name as it has data about the file name and folder path in the param file. I'm pretty sure there are tutorials on how to change the file name on youtube. I havent done it myself.

Successful prick is quite successful
Keep your personal jabs to yourself there guy...

Lol gives advice when he actually hasnt done it himself personally.

TC a usb drive rename/copyover should suite your needs, follow ddulmages post, its quite accurate in procedure. All credits to him.
---
You don't seem to understand, its the "implication" of danger...
#6BigDogLuke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 3:35:27 PM
alright thanks guys...guess ill do the save juggling lol
---
R.I.P. Baby Girl 1979-2001
Currently Playing - NBA 2k13, Borderlands 2 & Battlefield 3
#7ddulmage53Posted 3/13/2013 6:20:55 PM
DwR3000 posted...
notamonkey posted...
DwR3000 posted...
USB thumb drive

Successful prick is quite successful
Keep your personal jabs to yourself there guy...

Lol gives advice when he actually hasnt done it himself personally.

TC a usb drive rename/copyover should suite your needs, follow ddulmages post, its quite accurate in procedure. All credits to him.

thanks dwr3000! i do alot of this almost everyday . always changing what i have on hand in backpack . not many ask how to get game play to prepatch as it would involve offline play . but , thanks again .