Infinite Golden Keys

#1IshramTheWrathPosted 3/17/2013 6:02:56 AM
Holy ****ing **** I think I just found a glitch that allows you to get INFINITE golden keys!
So here's what I did:
1. Took my lv 50 assassin to the gold box.
2. Loaded a second profile for split screen to increase rarity.
3. Opened box with my one and only key.
4. Saved and Quit.
5. Loaded my lv 12 Mechromancer as player 1 and started game (single player).
6. Loaded my lv 50 assassin as player 2 USING THE SAME PROFILE.
7. The game warns that using two players with the same profile will cause player 2's progress to be dismissed, AND says I have a golden key.
8. My lv 50 assassin checks the box, and somehow now has 11 keys!
9. I opened the box 11 times and gave all the swag to the mechromancer.
Nobody tell Gearbox!
---
Toriyama Motomu is the Uwe Boll of video games.
#2TheOffspring187Posted 3/17/2013 6:04:45 AM
IshramTheWrath posted...
Holy ****ing **** I think I just found a glitch that allows you to get INFINITE golden keys!
So here's what I did:
1. Took my lv 50 assassin to the gold box.
2. Loaded a second profile for split screen to increase rarity.
3. Opened box with my one and only key.
4. Saved and Quit.
5. Loaded my lv 12 Mechromancer as player 1 and started game (single player).
6. Loaded my lv 50 assassin as player 2 USING THE SAME PROFILE.
7. The game warns that using two players with the same profile will cause player 2's progress to be dismissed, AND says I have a golden key.
8. My lv 50 assassin checks the box, and somehow now has 11 keys!
9. I opened the box 11 times and gave all the swag to the mechromancer.
Nobody tell Gearbox!

That's awesome. I read about it the other night and did it after 4 golden keys resulted in shields for me lol.
---
PSN: sensesfail18782
#3shamblingswarmPosted 3/17/2013 6:07:52 AM
Nothing new. And try doing it after the 17 cause the zafords event makes everything drop shields as priority with increased chances on rarity.
---
PSN: shamblingswarm
#4IshramTheWrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 6:08:42 AM
Aw man, I thought I was the lucky sob to figure this out. Oh well, it's ****ing awesome anyway! To quote the bloodshots: GUNS! GUNS! GUNS!
---
#5russellbaldwinPosted 3/17/2013 6:15:08 AM
Seems every few days someone posts about this, but its worked for about 3 months now.

Its half the reason I started making new characters again. Running through story mode with great gear the whole time is awesome.
---
PSN = russellbald
#6shamblingswarmPosted 3/17/2013 7:39:21 AM
russellbaldwin posted...
Seems every few days someone posts about this, but its worked for about 3 months now.

Its half the reason I started making new characters again. Running through story mode with great gear the whole time is awesome.

I know was fun killing everything with a Malian plasma caster and tediore etech shotgun (forgot the name for that one)
---
PSN: shamblingswarm
#7IshramTheWrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 8:38:56 AM
russellbaldwin posted...

Gearbox will probably fix it when they raise the level cap and add the new character, if not sooner. Better get my looting fill while I can.
---
#8LordRavielPosted 3/17/2013 9:34:57 AM
I occasionally spend some time doing this in the hope I might get some E-Tech launchers out of it. It is also pretty good for finding Class Mods and, to a lesser extent, Relics.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy XI