Duping ruins Borderlands

#1CHEATMANSARTAJPosted 4/5/2013 1:06:01 PM
It might just be me but doesn't duping simply take away the spirit of the game? Guns you find should be traded for other guns that you may want or desire. However, if one rare gun is dropped, it's simply made available to the rest of the community. The community then has to do nothing to work for it or even trade it.

My point being, what's the fun in playing the game if you just have people dupe anything you want? You're not even playing the game. I'm sure trading and buying was a part of Borderlands 2 not "dupe parties" or "loot parties."

Personally, duping has partially ruined the Borderlands 2 experience for me. I feel as if duping was not such a supported activity there could be more to this game. I understand it is a co-op experience and still a game but this is just my opinion.
---
PSN: Fierce_King
#2akantraPosted 4/5/2013 1:10:24 PM
Let me run a scenario by you.

You and your three buddies FINALLY kill this boss that you've been trying to kill for days. He drops one of the best legendary weapons out there. You and your three buddies are like, well, who the hell gets it?

If it wasn't for duping, then only one of you would get it.

Here's another scenario. Lets say you and your buddies keep trying to get a weapon over and over and over and over, etc.

Finally, the gun drops. Again, you may ask yourself, who gets it?

Honestly though, if someone wants to ask if anyone else is kind enough to give them something they've sought after or are interested in having, please explain to me how that has ruined your experience or enjoyment of the game. I'd be glad to hear how this personally affects you.
---
KSS and infinite ammo? Pfft.. Who needs em with weapons like these...
PSN AlexKantra
#3KukaiDragonPosted 4/5/2013 1:14:24 PM
CHEATMANSARTAJ posted...
It might just be me but doesn't duping simply take away the spirit of the game? Guns you find should be traded for other guns that you may want or desire. However, if one rare gun is dropped, it's simply made available to the rest of the community. The community then has to do nothing to work for it or even trade it.

My point being, what's the fun in playing the game if you just have people dupe anything you want? You're not even playing the game. I'm sure trading and buying was a part of Borderlands 2 not "dupe parties" or "loot parties."

Personally, duping has partially ruined the Borderlands 2 experience for me. I feel as if duping was not such a supported activity there could be more to this game. I understand it is a co-op experience and still a game but this is just my opinion.

I still don't understand this argument and I never will. This is NOT an MMO. There is no hub you are forced to enter to go online. People CAN join your game if you leave it open, but most are not going to just jump in randomly and shove gear down your throat without being asked.

If you do not want duped items nobody is going to force you to take them. If someone joins you and wants to get or give duped gear send them packing. If you join a loot party then leave. The door is never locked.

tl;dr This is a truly original topic... and the game continues to move on with or without you.
#4devak108Posted 4/5/2013 1:18:54 PM
akantra posted...

You and your three buddies FINALLY kill this boss that you've been trying to kill for days. He drops one of the best legendary weapons out there. You and your three buddies are like, well, who the hell gets it?

Here's another scenario. Lets say you and your buddies keep trying to get a weapon over and over and over and over, etc.

Honestly though, if someone wants to ask if anyone else is kind enough to give them something they've sought after or are interested in having, please explain to me how that has ruined your experience or enjoyment of the game. I'd be glad to hear how this personally affects you.

Probably the most legitimate defense of duping post I've read, those are some really good points Akantra. Are you seriously gonna just tell your friends you play with all the time "I saw it first so it's mine brah!" Personally I'm not a douche so I just could not do that. Duping makes the most sense in that situation.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhV1DavSRM
#5CHEATMANSARTAJ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 1:19:18 PM
akantra posted...

I highly doubt many people even bother trying to even get the weapon they seek. Furthermore, if you are with 3 of your friends and you finally get that drop of the legendary weapon, duping is fine in that context. Everyone worked equally, this they all deserve the drop. Thus, I agree with that statement, it does not ruin the experience of the game, but enhance it.

In actuality, what ruins the game experience is the lack of trading. There is no trading for weapons. There is no parting with one weapon you have. Ruining the entire concept of trading since it's always a two way dupe. Besides, there is no personal reward in possessing a rare, unique, and/or powerful equipment.
---
#6JoolsyPosted 4/5/2013 1:21:26 PM
Honestly, the guy who said it's a matter of choice said it best I think, as long as it's not ruining anyone's experience then imho it's perfectly fine to play the way you want to.
---
~ Ye Olde Schule ~
#7akantraPosted 4/5/2013 1:25:01 PM
You're chasing a fart in a wind storm trying to debate about duping. Might as well save the trouble and just do what everyone else does.

Here's the line

You dupe
-This means whether its for someone asking, or sharing with friends

-This means you do not dupe what so ever, regardless of the circumstances.
You don't dupe

Pick a side please. Thanks.
---
KSS and infinite ammo? Pfft.. Who needs em with weapons like these...
PSN AlexKantra
#8CHEATMANSARTAJ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 1:27:48 PM
akantra posted...
You're chasing a fart in a wind storm trying to debate about duping. Might as well save the trouble and just do what everyone else does.

Here's the line

You dupe
-This means whether its for someone asking, or sharing with friends

-This means you do not dupe what so ever, regardless of the circumstances.
You don't dupe

Pick a side please. Thanks.

I'm regarding to the community as a whole, sir. Duping takes the value of items away. But then again, I have my opinions and you have yours.
---
#9ElimRawnePosted 4/5/2013 1:34:47 PM
Problem is, that the droprates for good guns are even more insanely low as they were in BL1.

Seriously I simply can't understand how anyone could have the patience and time to farm say Doc Mercy for the infinity.

I gave up after a MONTH trying to get it and asked for a dupe.

The problem is housemade by gearbox, but if you mention it in their forums, you will propably get banne, since it seems they simply don't want it another way.

Seriously I think far more players simply ditched the game away because they couldn't get what they want in a decent amount of time, or simply got nothing for their effort.

So yes, I tried to get my items the legit way, but the low droprates simply destroyed that.

I have to work and also spending time with my family. So cool if you have the time to get your guns this way.... We normal mortals simply have no time for that in this stressful time of work and so on.

Have fun, the way you like to play.
#10MysticRacer408Posted 4/5/2013 1:37:48 PM
CheatMan, while a large portion of the Borderlands 2 community, along with many, many others resort to duping and using all these exploits in other games, you are not forced to do it yourself. There is also a small portion, located in a different forum site, mainly Gearbox Software, that real honest to goodness people trade for different weapons and also earn their own legendaries and such. You are not forced to come on Gamefaqs either, where the majority of the people only care about duping, glitches and other things related