Does a class mod with +x% cooldown stack with +x% relics?

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Does a class mod with +x% cooldown stack with +x% relics?

User Info: N3V4N5

N3V4N5
3 years ago#1
I have a class mod with +cooldown% and a relic that also has +cooldown%. Do they stack or is it only the highest one that takes effect?
- psn ID: N3V4N513
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

User Info: akantra

akantra
3 years ago#2
Should both add to your cooldown rate.

User Info: russellbaldwin

russellbaldwin
3 years ago#3
Gearbox's math is always screwy so I don't know if they stack, as in simply adding one to the other.

However, on Maya I have 44% cooldown from the mod and 30% from quicken. I can tell a pretty big difference if my spec is missing either one. Then on top of those two I use a 39.4% cooldown relic, and I can still tell a large difference between the 3 together as opposed to just the mod and quicken together.

Right now I'm running a wildcat mod and only have quicken and the relic, and its very noticeable.
PSN = russellbald

User Info: rajj22

rajj22
3 years ago#4
This is how stacking cooldown works.

Ex: 50% cooldown from a relic skill, mod, and skill from a 100 sec cool down.

100/2 = 50 sec then 50/2 = 25 sec and finally 25/2 =12.50 sec

A cooldown of 150% only take 87.5% of the cooldown time.

The dimishing returns dictate that it will take a combination of 1000% to nearly eliminate the cool, but thats not possible.

Hope this helped.

User Info: N3V4N5

N3V4N5
3 years ago#5
Well both have +30% (ish) cooldown rate. So for example, would +32% class mod and +35% relic give you a total of +67% cooldown rate?
- psn ID: N3V4N513
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

User Info: Imit8m3

Imit8m3
3 years ago#6
rajj22 posted...
This is how stacking cooldown works.

Ex: 50% cooldown from a relic skill, mod, and skill from a 100 sec cool down.

100/2 = 50 sec then 50/2 = 25 sec and finally 25/2 =12.50 sec

A cooldown of 150% only take 87.5% of the cooldown time.

The dimishing returns dictate that it will take a combination of 1000% to nearly eliminate the cool, but thats not possible.

Hope this helped.


This. Also if you're adding a % to another % it doesn't work like adding whole numbers.
PSN. YURMOM8ME
"Who wants to get shot in the face!"

User Info: russellbaldwin

russellbaldwin
3 years ago#7
Sounds about right. With 113.4% cooldown the 13 second cooldown on phaselock feels like about 6 seconds. That's more than enough reduction for Ruin. :)
PSN = russellbald
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Does a class mod with +x% cooldown stack with +x% relics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived