Golden Key Glitch

#1noimccoiPosted 5/9/2013 8:07:53 AM
Hello all, I'm months late on this glitch I guess. I just bought the game last week, and it's pretty fun so far. I was reading on here something about a glitch with the golden keys. I got one golden key for signing on shift. So with that I have two questions:

1. Do both of my characters for the glitch have to make it to sacntuary for it to be even close to worth it? Otherwise you'll have level 1 weapons instead because of a new character on lvl 2.

2. How exactly do you do the glitch? I've looked on youtube, and tried the second controller method, and I went in on player two and had 0 golden keys. So I guess... I'm confused.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.
#2MysticRacer408Posted 5/9/2013 8:12:42 AM
1. The 1st player that you go into the game as has to be in Sanctuary or at least have access to it.

2. Choose any existing character that has access to Sanctuary and go into a game, then choosing the same profile, choose another existing character that you would like to have 11 magically appearing keys, then use the golden chest
#3macmimiPosted 5/9/2013 8:13:47 AM
noimccoi posted...
Hello all, I'm months late on this glitch I guess. I just bought the game last week, and it's pretty fun so far. I was reading on here something about a glitch with the golden keys. I got one golden key for signing on shift. So with that I have two questions:

1. Do both of my characters for the glitch have to make it to sacntuary for it to be even close to worth it? Otherwise you'll have level 1 weapons instead because of a new character on lvl 2.

2. How exactly do you do the glitch? I've looked on youtube, and tried the second controller method, and I went in on player two and had 0 golden keys. So I guess... I'm confused.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

I found that at low level, the weapons drop from enemies and from vending machines served me just fine. Some of the mission reward weapons are good for first run. I probably start to use the chest around lvl 45 at time.
Check this out. It has detail step by step guide and video.
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:EpicGamerWorld/Borderlands_2:_GOLDEN_Keys_Glitch_(_PS3_%26_XBOX)
#4dualshock7Posted 5/9/2013 8:16:31 AM
I still do the backup profile save and paste again after raiding chest exploit lol
---
THERE!
#5noimccoi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 8:31:23 AM
dualshock7 posted...
I still do the backup profile save and paste again after raiding chest exploit lol

Which is what exactly?

And thanks for the replies everyone. I guess i gotta start a new game and get that character to sanctuary too for this to work. (I think)

ATM I Just have one lvl 13 character who has access to sanctuary. I made another lvl 1 to try the glitch, but like I said it didn't work.
#6akantraPosted 5/9/2013 9:24:29 AM
The USB golden key glitch is here:

Video Walkthrough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY8a8T93hF8

Written Tutorials are here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638785-borderlands-2/66097342
#7dualshock7Posted 5/9/2013 9:44:33 AM
^ yeah like what akantara posted

though it's better if you have a bunch of golden keys already before doing it since it's kind of a pain of quitting the game copying the profile save and then booting the game back up.

Gearbox always posts golden key shift codes sometimes even for 5 golden keys at a time. So it's better to stock on them and use the exploit when you are at a higher level.
---
THERE!
#8joeimpoPosted 5/12/2013 8:29:29 AM
If you have a second controller the 2 player key glitch is WAY faster and easier than the USB method. It very very easy to get 30-40 new weapons in literally 5 minutes.
---
Beer: The cause of (and solution to) all of life's problems.