GBX nerfed loot midget drop rates at Thousand Cuts?

#1dualshock7Posted 5/19/2013 5:22:19 AM
I've been farming loot midgets at thousand cuts and haven't seen them drop pearls nor legendaries. Only those etech ancient artifact things the best item I got was a level 61 Tortoise shield from a red chest and that's when I noticed something is wrong when res chests yield a legendary more than a loot midget lol.

Are there other areas to farm loot midgets for pearls and legendaries?

Thanks guys.
---
THERE!
#2psychwardPosted 5/19/2013 5:24:10 AM
Wildlife Preserve. Doctors orders method.
#3duceTrey23Posted 5/19/2013 5:29:05 AM
Also, if you have a second controller, drop in the second player just before opening the boxes so that the midgets may yield rarer loot.
---
PSN:duceTRE
#4Imit8m3Posted 5/19/2013 5:46:23 AM
Yes they did nerf the drop rates of the midgets. although they still spawn, they only have a 1% chance to drop anything over etech rarity...
However if you play offline ( like unplug your ps3 and reboot the system ) they should be back to normal... untill the next patch that is.
---
PSN. YURMOM8ME
"Who wants to get shot in the face!"
#5psychwardPosted 5/19/2013 5:57:30 AM
I seem to still be getting much better than 1%. The pearl drop rate seems to have went down but I'm still getting a legendary on average every 3-4 runs. So that's roughly 9-13 midgets. Or between 7.5ish to 11 percent.
#6dualshock7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 6:00:56 AM
Hmmm I tried playing offline but the drop rates are still low. I'll try deleting the patch then and see.
---
THERE!
#7Imit8m3Posted 5/19/2013 6:05:47 AM(edited)
dualshock7 posted...
Hmmm I tried playing offline but the drop rates are still low. I'll try deleting the patch then and see.

You can't farm LEGENDARY loot midgets without the patch. They didn't exist back then!
The only thing thats making the drop rate lower is a hotfix that gets installed everytime you start up the game when connected to the internet. just like the raid boss timers, if you disconect the hotfix is gone.
---
PSN. YURMOM8ME
"Who wants to get shot in the face!"
#8psychwardPosted 5/19/2013 6:11:27 AM
I'm farming WEP right now. Just add me and come join my game. I'm only looking for certain things anyways.

Mainly gunerangs and baby makers, avengers. Tediore stuff.

I'll be playing for about another hour. You can have anything else that drops.

Psn is the same of my gamefaqs username.
#9dualshock7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 6:45:54 AM
Imit8m3 posted...

You can't farm LEGENDARY loot midgets without the patch. They didn't exist back then!
The only thing thats making the drop rate lower is a hotfix that gets installed everytime you start up the game when connected to the internet. just like the raid boss timers, if you disconect the hotfix is gone.

So that's how it works. I almost screwed myself lol thank you for warning me.

Thanks for the offer psychward but I got burned out for today lol. Will just try again tomorrow.
---
THERE!
#10psychwardPosted 5/19/2013 6:52:28 AM
No sweat.