Worth playing?

#1CrazyDamon27Posted 2/2/2014 2:32:28 AM
Noticed this is free on Ps+ and I've heard nothing but good things about this game.

Never really been a good Fps player, played Cod a few times and sucked at it. Is it pretty friendly for new people to Fps in general? Fps/Rpg combo sounds pretty fun and been looking for a game to play.
---
PSN - OneStopDamon
#2joker420alldayPosted 2/2/2014 3:08:24 AM
I've been playing since day 1 and still have fun with it.
But asking if borderlands is a fun game or worth playing on a site that mainly talks about the game is going to tell you it is. ( just saying )
But yes it is a fun game.
I my self played games like- GOD OF WAR, ASSASSIN CEEED, MORTAL KOMBAT, TECKEN, METAL GEAR, INFAMOUS.
and never games like-FINAL FANTASY, MINDCRAFT, or any type of roll playing games.
But borderlands is different, with a good story line ( doing story missions ) plus there's a ton of side missions. ( witch some give you decent weapons or players heads/skins )
And this game doesn't make it difficult to understand the stats or player abilities.
honestly it's one of the greatest game I've ever played.
And if you decide to play it for free and you find yourself liking it after awhile.
Yes at first it might seem difficult, but once you level up some and can use more of your skills the game gets better.
The PlayStation plus free download only give you the main game and a level cap at level 50.
I would recommend buying the season pass, give you the dlc's and a level cap of 72 with 8 overpowered levels.

But seeing how it's free now it doesn't hurt to give it a try, you never know you might like it.
#3CrazyDamon27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 3:11:38 AM
Thanks for the input and tips! I really like the graphics, really stands out for it.

Just finished downloading but gonna start it up tomorrow. I'll definitely consider that season pass if I get into it like that!

I'm the opposite, I've always been a Final Fantasy type RPG junkie, just feel like I should branch out and see what I'm missing.
---
PSN - OneStopDamon
#4AndnA3Posted 2/2/2014 3:14:39 AM
This game doesn't feel like any other FPS. It's something different. Heck this is my 2nd FPS game I've had on my PS3 and I'm having fun with it. Somewhat hard, some bosses could be a serious 'wall' for new players and I also have the same problem when I started playing, but in the end I got through it anyway.

It's free anyway so it doesn't hurt to try downloading it and see if you like it or not. DLC is optional but if you want to buy them but they're worth the cost.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw27acofEY1r4hl2fo1_500.jpg
#5CrazyDamon27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 3:31:57 AM
Ugh, can't even kill the first boss. Ran out of ammo and died. I dont think this is for me.
---
PSN - OneStopDamon
#6AndnA3Posted 2/2/2014 4:55:05 AM
CrazyDamon27 posted...
Ugh, can't even kill the first boss. Ran out of ammo and died. I dont think this is for me.

Don't give up yet, I believe a lot of us ( including me ) died fighting Knuckledragger on level 1. Just take your time, aim for the head while running backwards. If you still can't kill him try to jumping back to the area before the earthquake ( the one place with the respawn station ). He will just stand on place and throw rocks at you ( which could be easily dodged. )
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw27acofEY1r4hl2fo1_500.jpg
#7RogsR34UKPosted 2/2/2014 5:30:52 AM
I died the first time I met Knuckledragger. If you stand in that open ended pod/container and shoot from there, Knuckledragger won't be able to touch you. You will find that one of the lesser Bullymongs can get in there, but they are a lot easier to kill. Make sure to pick up enough ammo on the way and there ought to be enough with the crates and Bullymonh Piles around the pod to enable you to kill everything.
---
PSN & Gamertag - RogsR34UK
#8Mugenx_xPosted 2/2/2014 5:38:23 AM
This game reminds me of Diablo 2 instead of FPS like Call of duty. This is a very friendly FPS, in fact they include a character for players who aren't skillful at aiming - Like Gaige's Anarchy and Close Enough skills for example.

This game isn't that easy as well if you've just played this, especially when you go to more difficult modes like UVHM or UVHM 2. Overall, this game is worth playing and keeping. This is one of the games I've played for so long. It's also more fun when you play with friends.
#9Mugenx_xPosted 2/2/2014 6:25:46 AM
CrazyDamon27 posted...

"The Hyperion corporation wishes to remind you that heroes die many deaths; cowards taste but one. Or something." - Hyperion New-U Station
#10chadwick1343Posted 2/2/2014 6:29:32 AM
LMAO at topic.
BD2= Best game of last generation.
---
PSN: Angus1343
3DS FC: 1521- 4399- 4262