little star by a weapon

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. little star by a weapon
4 years ago#1
what does it mean? its to the right of the weapon by my inventory. the weapon itself is nothing special..
PSN: Lynxx_XVI
Games I play multi on: Demon's Souls, Red Dead Redemption, LittleBigPlanet 2. Pokemon white friend code: 0089 1658 2129
4 years ago#2
It means you favorited that weapon. What that actually does? I don't know. Maybe its just so that you don't accidentally sell it as easily.
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
4 years ago#3
oik thanks. i mustve done it on accident then. i feel like a dumbass. ;/
PSN: Lynxx_XVI
Games I play multi on: Demon's Souls, Red Dead Redemption, LittleBigPlanet 2. Pokemon white friend code: 0089 1658 2129
4 years ago#4
I think star is "favorite" and right below if you click there's an 'x' which I think marks it as junk so when you go to a vendor you can sell the automatically with one button. I believe I saw it say '[Delete] Sell Junk'
I should not walk so a child may live.----http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Catsimboy
4 years ago#5
There are also stars next to weapons required for a quest.
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
4 years ago#6
A favorited (star) weapon or equipment cannot be sold to a store.

To sell it you have to enter your menu and manually remove the star before you can sell it.

A junk (cross) weapon or equipment is marked as junk and all of them will be sold in bulk to a shop when you hit your sell all junk button (by default delete).

EDIT: Quest items are also starred automatically by the game so they cannot be sold.
GT: Ciberclaw
4 years ago#7
This is the coolest feature I've ever heard....
"You can't quickscope people with Jarate equipped" - BakedStuffEtc
4 years ago#8
I didn't learn of it until yesterday but the game manual says nothing about how that system works.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions.
Money is both the seed and fruit of evil.
4 years ago#9
At least on the PC version, you can still sell favorite items. I just tried it to test.
4 years ago#10
Just found out about this by accident (At lvl 42). Super useful for keeping track of the weapons you're using so you don't accidentaly sell them. Wish I found out about it sooner ><
(>^^)>
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. little star by a weapon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived