Driving Controls

#1ShereshPosted 9/23/2012 11:06:15 AM
Love the game so far, HATE the mouse control for turning vehicles. I tried looking into the key bindings but can't find anything to change the steering. Anyone know if it's possible?
---
Xbox 360 GT - Wocksoldier
#2ShaowstrikePosted 9/23/2012 11:08:31 AM
Nope, your only other option is to switch to a controller for driving and mouse/keyboard for the rest. You can switch between them on the fly, so it's not an issue.
#3F_WolfPosted 9/23/2012 12:17:44 PM
Sheresh posted...
Love the game so far, HATE the mouse control for turning vehicles. I tried looking into the key bindings but can't find anything to change the steering. Anyone know if it's possible?

Randy said that they gave the option of non-mouse controls to their testers, and based on the results to decided to not even include them as a option.

I can only assume that they where so horrible the testers killed themselves in rage, or that the testers where drunk hobos they found on the street somewhere.
#4Jin_MitsukoPosted 9/23/2012 12:20:53 PM
F_Wolf posted...
Sheresh posted...

Randy said that they gave the option of non-mouse controls to their testers, and based on the results to decided to not even include them as a option.

I can only assume that they where so horrible the testers killed themselves in rage, or that the testers where drunk hobos they found on the street somewhere.

So they already went through the trouble of implementing the feature, then decide to take it out because apparently the testers represent everyone in the universe who plays the game? *facepalm*
#5F_WolfPosted 9/23/2012 12:22:05 PM
Jin_Mitsuko posted...
F_Wolf posted...
Sheresh posted...

So they already went through the trouble of implementing the feature, then decide to take it out because apparently the testers represent everyone in the universe who plays the game? *facepalm*

Yeah, it was in the kotaku interview thing.
#6SilentHawk29Posted 9/23/2012 2:08:41 PM
I like mouse steering. It was in Red Faction: Guerrilla as well. Since it's analog, it isn't just hard right or hard left.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6095/54gencoupe.jpg
#7chaostdkPosted 9/23/2012 2:27:40 PM
F_Wolf posted...
Sheresh posted...

or maybe, just maybe, in some unknown manner, their testers are better at steering with a mouse than everyone that is raging against it.
#8BarihhlPosted 9/23/2012 2:40:27 PM
I like mouse steering. It was in Red Faction: Guerrilla as well. Since it's analog, it isn't just hard right or hard left.

This. Gamepads have always had the clear advantage in driving controls over m+kb, mouse steering is as close as we're gonna get to proper analog steering without going all-in with a steering wheel.
---
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through.
Going forward may not be the answer. Maybe I should go back.
#9CactrotPosted 9/23/2012 2:44:55 PM
Everytime I get into a vehicle I accidentally try and steer with my strafe keys. Isn't that how it worked in BL1 or am I just messed up?
---
drexl235: wow....... not even achievements. whats the point
#10BarihhlPosted 9/23/2012 2:46:30 PM
Everytime I get into a vehicle I accidentally try and steer with my strafe keys. Isn't that how it worked in BL1 or am I just messed up?

No, BL1 steered with the mouse as well.
---
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through.
Going forward may not be the answer. Maybe I should go back.