Best Assassin build?

#1BloofyPosted 9/26/2012 6:34:23 AM
I am not above sniping but I'm worried it might be weak when the enemies get too close
---
Gamertag: Arejay87
www.last.fm/user/bloofy2 np: Path of Exile beta, Borderlands 2
#2GodTazPosted 9/26/2012 6:41:59 AM
The game's only been out for roughly a week, so I think you'll find no one is entirely familiar enough with the game to tell you what is hands-down the best build.

I'd like to suggest you play around with different builds and skills yourself to decide which you like and how you like to play the game. Skill resets hardly cost anything in this game, so there's really no reason not to play around.
---
"Right into next week!"
"I've traveled back in time from next week; Please stop throwing monsters at us."
#3Blitzkrieg182Posted 9/26/2012 6:45:04 AM
Dont worry about it. Use your own build, and you answered yourself, dont be one dimensional
#4HyperShadow4321Posted 9/26/2012 6:49:28 AM
I've been focusing on just Sniping right now, but once I have more skill points available, I'll probably mix it up. Sniping is great, but I often find myself in positions where it's easier to use melee or close ranged weapons. I'm thinking once I'm a much higher level then I'll probably dip some points into the Cunning tree as well. Bloodshed looks like a good tree as well, but I don't find myself melee-ing enough to make it seem worthwhile.
#5Fission_MaiIedPosted 9/26/2012 6:50:05 AM
Blitzkrieg182 posted...
Dont worry about it. Use your own build, and you answered yourself, dont be one dimensional

This. Experiment around and find one that suits your playing style. That's why we can respec if you try something you don't like.
---
GT: Fission MaiIed (L is i); PSN: FissionXMailed (L is L); BNet: FissionMailD#1973; Steam ID: fissionmailD
No "i" in team, but there is in fail.
#6RadosityPosted 9/26/2012 6:55:05 AM
Why are people still fretting so much over builds? The only reason to worry about what you put skill points into is if you're playing a game with no respec. Not only can you respec in this game but it is dirt cheap. There is literally no reason to fret about builds.
---
Where the video games at
#7XephonPosted 9/26/2012 9:05:38 AM
From what I've played, the Bloodlust/Melee tree REQUIRES a commitment of at least 15-20 points to kill as efficiently as you need to, not to mention the correct class mod and a decent Melee% weapon. Without meeting those criteria, you'll end up hamburger every time you try to get in melee range and not do enough damage to Second Wind.

A few points in sniper goes a long way, because unlike Melee which has very finite scaling, sniper rifles pack on more and more damage as they level up. It's not uncommon to find a few good rifles in a short amount of time, especially if you've just moved to a new area. Burst rifles, big damage Jacobs rifles, Maliwan elemental rifles, plenty of ways to diversify and increase your damage, where as the best you can do for melee is increase your +% modifier.

At Lv21 with a Shadow Ninja class mod and a +100% melee damage weapon, I can stealth backstab for around 6500, without a critical hit. Only in the past few levels have I had the cooldowns and health regen to pull off a full melee build.
---
The 6 Inch
Cutman.
#8SilentHawk29Posted 9/26/2012 9:37:17 AM
I think going up at least half way in the left or middle tree at the beginning is a must until you have the necessary points to respec into melee. Speccing melee at the very beginning will be harsh, especially against badasses and bosses.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6095/54gencoupe.jpg
#9NinjeroPosted 9/26/2012 9:41:30 AM(edited)
This is my build, I'm not saying it's the "best" but I thought I'd share it, as I feel like it's at the very least, viable. Comments are welcome.

Ninjer0's Love & Peace Assassin

Primary Skill(s): Be Like Water, F0ll0wthr0ugh
Good Synerg(ies): B0re/Death Mark/Rising Sh0t
Target Skill(s): Like the Wind/Tw0 Fang
Target Skill Tree(s) Gunning/Bloodshed
Primary Skill Damage: Slag, Bullet, Melee
Recommended Elements: Explosive, Corrosive
Target Enemy Types: Stalkers, Crystalisks; Ground/fire/shock types
Weaknesses: Buzzards, Spiderants, Threshers; Flying/Armored/corrosive types

Optimal Weapons/Manufacturers: Any
Examples:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matajrDsaD1r8ibx5o1_1280.png
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matajrDsaD1r8ibx5o4_1280.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mant4x2KxB1r8ibx5o2_1280.png
Optimal Shields: Close Range, Elemental/Damage Resist
Optimal Grenade: Any
Optimal Relic: Any

Notes:
Focus on gun damage, elemental damage, and getting good shotguns. For long range, try out both Snipers and Rocket Launchers - I find that Rocket Launchers work exceptionally well on Zer0, other than that he doesn't have any ammo regen.
---
Incompetent good intentions will only bring tragedy. If you intend to do what is right, you need the strength to accompany that. -Kratos Aurion (ToS)
#10TheGlowPosted 9/27/2012 12:46:49 PM
Cunning seems to be best, and I like sniping.
Im going up to B0re, and then debating velocity and 1shot 1kill.
Cunning Im going up to Kunais, might skip 2fang