will it be on Steam?

#1rutgurtPosted 2/22/2012 10:32:23 AM
So there is a preorder URL on the website now, but no news if it's going to be on Steam. This makes me nervous. I prefer my games on Steam so i can easily do COOP and have a single database of achievements and gameplay records
---
Currently playing: Kingdoms of Amalur, Star Wars Old Republic, Dark Souls
#2mrnvPosted 2/22/2012 11:33:25 AM
Games aren't available for preorder on Steam until close to release based on what I've seen. I bet it will be on Steam.
#3Wario_manPosted 2/22/2012 1:02:20 PM
It'll be on Steam but only after you've already lost patience and bought the CD version thinking it will never come to Steam and then it will be on Steam 3 days later.
---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.
#4MattheauPosted 2/24/2012 1:55:35 AM
Here is a simple way of looking at it. Do you believe more than 11 games are coming out on Steam over the next year (the current number listed as "Coming Soon")? If so, then it is a pretty safe bet considering pretty much every other Gearbox game ever made is on Steam.
#5ukikithemonkeyPosted 2/26/2012 8:22:12 AM
Mattheau posted...
Here is a simple way of looking at it. Do you believe more than 11 games are coming out on Steam over the next year (the current number listed as "Coming Soon")? If so, then it is a pretty safe bet considering pretty much every other Gearbox game ever made is on Steam.

While this is true, nearly every bioware game was on steam also, but now both ME3 and SWTOR are not going to be on it. Not sure if Gearbox has anything to do with EA or not though.
#6--Sirius--Posted 2/28/2012 6:14:59 PM

ukikithemonkey posted...
While this is true, nearly every bioware game was on steam also, but now both ME3 and SWTOR are not going to be on it.  Not sure if Gearbox has anything to do with EA or not though.

That is all because of Origin and EA, Gearbox is with 2K Games not EA, so I dont think anyone should worry about that, Borderlands 2 will almost certainly be on Steam.

#7SAGETISMYSAVIORPosted 2/28/2012 10:32:55 PM
All the more recent 2k games have been on steam. I'm willing to bet 100% certainty that it will be a steamworks title.
---
konecny cil zivota je, je zit nebo zemre.
#8GarudinPosted 2/29/2012 11:16:03 AM
Yes it was just announced that it will use Steamworks

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-27238-Borderlands-2-to-Ship-with-SteamWorks-PreOrders-Available.html
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#9LousSharPosted 2/29/2012 6:41:10 PM

Awwwwwww yeahhhhhhhh

#10FenriswolfPosted 3/1/2012 2:39:06 AM
Oh great, Steamworks ruining another game.
---
Hello