Can someone tell me more about the GMG deal?

#11klaxenderPosted 9/14/2012 9:07:06 AM
I used my credit card also. I also got my key immediately, it was displayed on the purchase receipt screen and in the confirmation email.

I had a bit of trouble with my CC company blocking the purchase but after a few calls I cleared it up and was able to purchase just fine. Just remember to check the confirmation email they send you when you sign up on the site or you won't be able to make purchases.
---
PSN/Steam ID: klaxender
#12ShawBrothersPosted 9/14/2012 9:20:07 AM
Your bank might flag your account if your buying from outside the country since they in the UK. With paypal you shouldn't have any problems though. If can't get an order to checkout with paypal I'd contact paypal and not GMG.
#13d4rkmagePosted 9/14/2012 9:38:59 AM
Update - Purchase successful. I had been using Firefox previously and after opening a second ticket with GMG, they said the built-in adblocker on Firefox would not left the transaction go through. And they also did some kind of reset to my account. Then I opened IE 9, went to the site, and purchase was successful. Actually it hung on the "Hang on - We're processing your transaction!" screen, but I got the email with my activation key anyway and was able to add it to Steam. So I just closed the window.
#14TheGlowPosted 9/14/2012 9:43:27 AM
I'm in NY and did on my work PC. It's a cheapo $100 limit Best Buy Mastercard I use for the odd things on the side, as my wife doesn't have tabs on it ;)
Low limit keeps me in check and also if there's account fraud, Good luck, you won't get much from me.
When I hit the process button, there was a statement about calling my bank to authenticate, but it was only present for 10-15 secs. I left it alone as the site was loading poorly anyways, then it resolved and said congrats and had the CD key right there.
Then few seconds later I had the email with the key in it confirming the order.
I could load up gmail and see the time stamps about 8 min difference from creating, then confirming, updating account details, then the key.
#15synthetiksinPosted 9/14/2012 10:38:21 AM
Just ordered mine right now with a credit card (US) and it went through right away. There was an authentication process that my bank does which I had to do right after check out but I got the code right after.
#16Unit3d(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 6:07:45 PM
Is it possible to buy the game more than once on the same account? I'm planning to buy for a friend (he's having credit card issues) but the site flags my account has having purchased the game so I can't buy another copy without making another account.
#17dexter1984Posted 9/14/2012 6:29:14 PM
Unit3d posted...
Is it possible to buy the game more than once on the same account? I'm planning to buy for a friend (he's having credit card issues) but the site flags my account has having purchased the game so I can't buy another copy without making another account.

No, only 1 purchase per account.
#18SyranicPosted 9/14/2012 8:02:54 PM
The only catch is that people who preordered the game months ago are suffering due to no activation keys being sent out.
---
I've left whole towns like Balmora empty: 'Kleptomaniac' doesnt even begin to describe it.
They havent yet invented a word to describe the things I do. -Quaix