Should I sell my week old 7950 just for this game?

#1Glockass1Posted 9/15/2012 8:51:02 AM
^

I bought my 7950 for 330 euros(cheapest price in my country). Should I sell it and get a nvidia card? I can max everything with the 7950 though.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#2Edge4o7_Posted 9/15/2012 8:57:08 AM
Is the nvidia equivalent to the 7950 better or worse, performance wise? What is the price difference? Do you personally the physx is worth those trade offs?
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#3Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 8:58:56 AM
Edge4o7_ posted...
Is the nvidia equivalent to the 7950 better or worse, performance wise? What is the price difference? Do you personally think the physx is worth those trade offs?

The GTX660 Ti costs 365 euros here. Around 400 dollars. The 7950 is better performance wise in all games I have except BF3(that game loves nvidia).
---
#4DuDuDu10101Posted 9/15/2012 9:09:25 AM
historically nvidia has better compatibility, higher price point, but lower bang for buck ratio to ATi (now AMD) cards

but i don't see why you'll do that to your week old card, which isn't gonna sell back for retail and likely to face a restocking fee if you return, just for an nvidia card that'll have physx enabled

besides, hopefully it'll allow you to enable software physx and have your CPU process some of it
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.
#5Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 9:16:09 AM
DuDuDu10101 posted...
historically nvidia has better compatibility, higher price point, but lower bang for buck ratio to ATi (now AMD) cards

but i don't see why you'll do that to your week old card, which isn't gonna sell back for retail and likely to face a restocking fee if you return, just for an nvidia card that'll have physx enabled

besides, hopefully it'll allow you to enable software physx and have your CPU process some of it

Is the i5 3570k capable of it?
---
#6DuDuDu10101Posted 9/15/2012 9:19:38 AM
no, the latest ivy bridge card with internal gfx processor is totally a POS and you should stick it inside the microwave and heat it for 45mins on medium level

i think your cpu should be able to handle some form of physx rendering, but again, we wouldn't know till it hits street. if it ends up being a total steam pile of dung, then go and grab a new nvidia...

else, sell your card, buy a pack of beer, and feel miserable on the money lost till tuesday when the game comes out
---
#7Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 9:23:08 AM
DuDuDu10101 posted...
no, the latest ivy bridge card with internal gfx processor is totally a POS and you should stick it inside the microwave and heat it for 45mins on medium level

i think your cpu should be able to handle some form of physx rendering, but again, we wouldn't know till it hits street. if it ends up being a total steam pile of dung, then go and grab a new nvidia...

else, sell your card, buy a pack of beer, and feel miserable on the money lost till tuesday when the game comes out

AMD drivers are pretty stable. Haven't had a problem even in PhysX games.
---
#8DuDuDu10101Posted 9/15/2012 9:25:37 AM
^ you quoted the wrong post...

and i said historically, but even current day many people experience issues here and there with amd cards, but they do roll out updates very fast so it fixes before it becomes too widespread
---
#9Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 9:38:37 AM
DuDuDu10101 posted...

and i said historically, but even current day many people experience issues here and there with amd cards, but they do roll out updates very fast so it fixes before it becomes too widespread

Haha I'm pretty lucky with all the issues that other people have. Never had them myself. Still the 7950 destroys every game out there.
---
#10GrischnakPosted 9/15/2012 9:58:56 AM
Glockass1 posted...
DuDuDu10101 posted...

Haha I'm pretty lucky with all the issues that other people have. Never had them myself. Still the 7950 destroys every game out there.

I doubt it destroys Witcher 2 with ubersampling on. No single GPU can "destroy" that....