The Special Chest in Sanctuary

#1Viper114Posted 9/19/2012 7:26:52 AM
The one that unlocks with the key you got when you pre-ordered. I unlocked it when I arrived and got some good weapons, and then it closed and locked itself back up and now needs another key to open.

Can more keys be acquired somehow? Or was it only for the pre-orders and it won't be there much longer?
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#2Marioface5Posted 9/19/2012 7:28:19 AM
There's a text file you can edit to get more keys. There's plenty of people whining about it while also disclosing how to do it on here, so you should be able to find a thread about it without any problems.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#3hormasterPosted 9/19/2012 7:28:41 AM
If you register for shift, go to main menu, extras, shift code; you'll get one more
#4RaltaPosted 9/19/2012 7:29:12 AM
Without cheating, it looks like we only got 2 keys total. You get one for pre-ordering and I hear that we got another from Gearbox because of the issues with the pre-order DLC.

I randomly acquired one from logging in this morning, along with the DLC which just appeared, so I had a total of 2 keys. Used the first and got some nice purples, gonna save the second for later levels.
---
| Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHz | GTX560 1024MB |
| Samsung F1 Eco 1TB 7200RPM | 8GB DDR3 |
#5DarthBadgerPosted 9/19/2012 7:32:23 AM
I really doubt editing a text file to get more keys will be punished, but just FYI, they said on the gearbox forums that more keys will become available through special events in the future. So you might as well hold out, if you're able.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
I play Final Fantasy, Halo, Mario, and Call of Duty. COME AT ME BRO!
#6Viper114(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 7:39:46 AM
Ah, ok, so it's not just a one time thing (cheating aside). That's cool, because I'd love to see what else I could get from it in the future.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#7TheGlowPosted 9/19/2012 8:34:55 AM
I have 3 so far. It seems to be glitched.
#8SamuariLegend24Posted 9/19/2012 8:39:28 AM
DarthBadger posted...
I really doubt editing a text file to get more keys will be punished, but just FYI, they said on the gearbox forums that more keys will become available through special events in the future. So you might as well hold out, if you're able.

No? You doubt editing files and changing a file to exploit a game will result in punishment? Lol, I don't think there is really a way to track it, but if there was I am sure there would be plenty of people crying that Gearbox sucks because they banned them for exploiting. This is what happened in GW2, people exploited and got banned. Then tried to take legal action to get their accounts back, too bad exploiting is exploiting and a game company holds every right to terminate your "membership" at any time with no reason given.
---
i don't need to stick my head up a cows ass to know that it stinks in there - blutoblutarskyX
#9AvisonPosted 9/19/2012 9:26:01 AM
SamuariLegend24 posted...
DarthBadger posted...

No? You doubt editing files and changing a file to exploit a game will result in punishment? Lol, I don't think there is really a way to track it, but if there was I am sure there would be plenty of people crying that Gearbox sucks because they banned them for exploiting. This is what happened in GW2, people exploited and got banned. Then tried to take legal action to get their accounts back, too bad exploiting is exploiting and a game company holds every right to terminate your "membership" at any time with no reason given.

LOL. Context. This isn't an mmo that has a cash to game currency conversion system. It's a singleplayer-coop rpg. No one gives a damn if you hack. Especially not Gearbox.

No one in the history of anything has OR will be banned for exploiting or altering a singleplayer game for their own advantage/fun.

Seriously, what a derp post.
---
-True knowledge is understanding why you truly know nothing.
GT: "Avison Atrius" BB Mains: Hakumen, Arakune
#10sylverlololPosted 9/19/2012 9:47:49 AM
SamuariLegend24 posted...
DarthBadger posted...

MMO =/= single player FPS

They have no way to monitor your in-game stats or computer files without violating a whole bunch of privacy laws.
---
"You need to get your point out in one or two paragraphs. This is a message board, not a therapy session." - TreGooda