How to kill the Gluttonous Thresher?

#1The_EllimistPosted 9/19/2012 8:44:52 AM
I'm completely stuck trying to get the beacon from the Gluttonous Thresher, I'm playing a Siren and I can barely scratch the damn thing before it destroys me. Am I missing something for this fight?
#2LinkElfice510Posted 9/19/2012 10:18:05 AM
I also would like to know, though I'm playing as Zero. A quick Google search revealed that all Threshers are weak to fire, but I don't have any fire weaponry.
---
Nintendo FCs for various games are in profile
http://golgothasturner.tumblr.com/
#3LinkElfice510Posted 9/19/2012 11:00:51 AM
I know this isn't my own topic to bump, but I've been trying to kill this thing for almost an hour and I'm starting to get quite frustrated.
---
Nintendo FCs for various games are in profile
http://ethreaintumblr.com/
#4AbsolutelyAlexPosted 9/19/2012 11:17:29 AM
I also would like to know, though I'm playing as Zero. A quick Google search revealed that all Threshers are weak to fire, but I don't have any fire weaponry.

You can try and buy some fire weapons...

I was level 16. Sniper rifle with slag followed up with fire smg, he was down in a minute. Ignore the robots until they get close. The Thresher was between me and the robots, so I didn't have to worry about them.

I'm a Siren, by the way.
#5fiVe__Posted 9/19/2012 12:12:10 PM
i play as support siren so it was even harder for me, what i did was go behind the building use that for cover, pop out empty your clip let your shiield regenerate then repeate its a slow process but it worked and when i needed health i just phaselocked the robots and killed them for health orbs
#6fiVe__Posted 9/19/2012 12:13:13 PM
and i didnt have a fire weapon or a strong gun
#7VoronePosted 9/19/2012 12:41:56 PM
I had to lure it to a spot where it couldn't get within melee range. I used cover to let my shields regenerate but it still used damn near all my pistol, rocket and sniper rifle ammo to kill the damn thing. I died at least 3 times, it has been the single hardest fight I have encountered thus far and I strongly advise that you do not try to go toe to toe with it.

Threshers in general are a major pain in the ass, wait until you have the delight of running into wormhole threshsers...
---
\\ .// //\\ |[]| //\\ ||\\ || |[ You cannot understand the magnitude
.\\//. \\// ||\\ \\// || \\|| |[ of how cool of a story this is - axerer6
#8FlubfinityPosted 9/20/2012 12:23:42 AM
ok, i had a similar problem with this thing (problem being ~12 deaths), but i found a way to easily kill it.
first off, i was Siren and didnt need to use phaselock for the damage.
ok,
1. aggro thresher
2. kite the thresher to the leftmost part of the arena according to the map
3. if you run around the corner of the large hanger-type building, the path is too narrow for the thresher to follow.
4. the thresher will continually pop up and down to try to maneuver through the gap, but he cannot.
5. shoot the ever-loving crap out of it with fire weapons (i used a fire sniper), and use a tesla weapon when it regens shield (again, i used a tesla sniper)
6. back up when it attacks and move around the corner when it fires the spikes
7. repeat steps 5-6
8. win.
#9FlubfinityPosted 9/20/2012 12:26:18 AM
*edit to previous message*
you must kite the thresher to the EAST most wall and move down around the large building.
hope my technique helps any who need it!
#10synthetiksinPosted 9/20/2012 12:26:58 AM
Yup, just kite it to a place where it can't get you and pelt it from afar.