How to kill the Gluttonous Thresher?

#11dexter1984Posted 9/19/2012 11:30:26 PM
Died to the boss threshers a lot of times. Just throw all your grenades and hope for the best.
#12premier024Posted 9/19/2012 11:53:54 PM
when i got to that thing i just tossed 3 grenades at him. Found a electric one that ticks for 240 a second it died before i could even empty one clip out of my pistol.
---
Athlon X4 630 3.2ghz l 8 gig Ram l Ati 6770x2
The best part about this thread is the huge string of removed posts at the beginning. Never change internet.
#13FlubfinityPosted 9/20/2012 12:31:19 AM
Flubfinity posted...
hope my technique helps any who need it!

one final thing to note, you must retain the aggro of the thresher by walking in and out of its attack range. if you stay in cover for too long, it will back up and actually ambush you from behind or when you move around to regain aggro. i learned this the hard way, then promptly destroyed it on my subsequent try. good luck!
#14funkyfritterPosted 9/20/2012 12:33:43 AM
Threshers have a bunch of small critical points, so use weapons that hit an area instead of a single point to kill it quickly. I had a decent shotgun and killed it in about 6 hits, grenades should work well if your weapons are terrible.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#15OhGoodPosted 9/20/2012 12:41:20 AM
Just dual wield 2 explosive miniguns and completely annihilate him off the face of pandora.

oh wait... It seems no one plays salvador but me.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
#16sfcalimariPosted 9/20/2012 1:55:45 AM
Shotguns with burst damage are good against threshers in general. They really are annoying enemies especially when you first start seeing them.
---
Every night I come to the same place and wait til the sky catches up with my mood.
#17Shivan999999999Posted 9/20/2012 7:09:08 AM
OhGood posted...
Just dual wield 2 explosive miniguns and completely annihilate him off the face of pandora.

oh wait... It seems no one plays salvador but me.

Double shotguns. i have one that fires 4 shots at once before reload, but with the proc chance of not using ammo i can get 7-12 shots in a row semi regularly.

Second shotgun i can fire 17 explosive rounds per shot, one shot a second, 4 shots before load if no procs.

I triggered gunzerker did some damage got point blank, went into last stand, and commenced to decimate him with my main "single shot" shotgun. nothing like firing 7-12 shots in the blink of an eye thanks to stupid high fire rates.

It's a suicidal play style but with the right skills you rarely ever stay "dead" for more than a second :D (mind you, playing through with a friend, if this was solo it'd be even easier.)
---
For like a bean burrito, I shall return!
#18ajehPosted 9/20/2012 7:11:54 AM
Run back up the hill, he wont leave the water. Use the pipe as a shield.
#19brookhaven_hellPosted 9/22/2012 2:57:07 AM
When I got to him he was attacking several bots, made it really easy for me xD
---
message detail DVD? Is this a troll topic? You know World Of Warcraft is a game not a movie right? ~Saint35~
#20EphraimpwnsPosted 9/22/2012 6:02:32 PM
Flub, your strategy worked perfectly once I found the place, many thanks, I likely would have been frustrated for hours, I beat him by a hair, ran out of SMG ammo with him almost dead (my Fire and electric weapons were SMGs), got downed, and killed him with a second to spare with corrosive.