Rescuing Roland

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Rescuing Roland
4 years ago#1
The long as hell quest where you rescue Roland only for him to be taken by mechs, forcing you to go through what seemed to me a damned insane gauntlet.

There were so many enemies coming out of the woodworks that i was running on empty and couldn't even find a window to grab ammo from boxes. At some point, i just decided to run to the end and barely made it only to face a boss that spit out repair mechs and badass mechs.

To me, it just seemed absurd.
Oh goodie, cuz things weren't bad enough!
4 years ago#2
bear with it, i find it great that they added difficulty to the game.

also, if you cant beat them yet, grind a bit, get more eridium to upgrade your ammo count then try again, patience is key.
4 years ago#3
I had two fire weapons and one shock-dealing shotgun. So I pretty much did all of that quest with just the shotgun lol. It wasn't too bad though, hardest part was the boss.
http://i.imgur.com/LF2O7.gif
http://i.imgur.com/WoISA.gif
4 years ago#4
I had a pretty badass shotgun, but the star, was by far, my 1192 damage corrosive rocket launcher. 1hko in a large area? 1hko in a large area!
"wtf is a sephiroth" - scarecrowshand
'I've been on this board about one day and you're already pissing me off' - tranquilizerrr to Xeeh_Bitz
4 years ago#5
Might not be the intended way, but I rushed through the entire map because I actually expected there to be a timer on rescuing him. About halfway I realised this wasn't the case but by then I thought 'what the hell' and continued sprinting. Killed the last few loaders before reaching roland, then took out the machines there and I was done.
4 years ago#6
I spent a lot of time doing optional quests at lower levels so I was level 16 by the time I saved Roland. I solo'd it easily.
'The surgeon performed a surgical exploration and saw that the mans injuries were incompatible with life.' ....O_o
4 years ago#7
Get corrosive weapons (and an electric for shields).

I had a corrosive sniper than would 1 shot the regular loaders if you hit a crit area and blew their joint off.
Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
4 years ago#8
I got stuck & was around level 12 so teamed up with some people online & completed it.

Fire damage sniper rifle that I found came in handy, two shots to kill the mechs & 600 damage a shot on the main boss.
[ENG] PSN: Deltawar
4 years ago#9
Decided to attempt the quest again and found out that, apparently, i completed the 'Dam'd quest' and i continued on. Wow, am i an inept 'special kid' because, not only did i finish the next quest, but i also found Tundra Express, another area to farm XP.

I was all pumped and determined to conquer 'The Dam' but it was all for naught. Thanks anyways to the fellas who gave advice.And a pox upon all those who neglected my cry for help.
Oh goodie, cuz things weren't bad enough!
4 years ago#10
I think I spent like 2 hours on this quest. Along with so many deaths as well.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Rescuing Roland

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived