(Poorly)Hidden Item in Claptrap's Fireplace

#1Stupid_GoatPosted 9/26/2012 7:36:42 AM
I went back to claptrap's house in playthrough 1 after clearing the game.

I noticed an echolog sitting in his fireplace. Its title was something about ' somebody's durable gear' or something like that, and the description on hoving it said something like 'only a quick walk to the eridium ridge .. blah blah something something'. I was a bit drunk and click-happy at the time so i dont remember seeing a new quest and it didn't actually play an echolog.

Anyone have any clue ?
#2NicoGrimmPosted 9/26/2012 7:49:14 AM
mm. just went there to check. I'm not seeing an ECHO log in his fireplace. :(
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#3XxRiSoNxXPosted 9/26/2012 8:21:19 AM
I picked it up just a min ago on TVH playthrough and nothing happened. Could be I'm just not far enough along.
---
Currently streaming: Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, NBA 2K13 (pending release). http://www.twitch.tv/zalsphere Feel free to drop in, comment or chat. ^_^
#4Stupid_Goat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 9:26:37 AM
XxRiSoNxX posted...
I picked it up just a min ago on TVH playthrough and nothing happened. Could be I'm just not far enough along.

Good thing, at least i'm not crazy. I will update if I figure out anything.
#5Stupid_Goat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 5:24:02 AM
Found answer elsewhere, putting here for reference if anyone was watching this.

"After you beat playthrough 1 go back to claptraps place and look in his fireplace below where knuckle dragger drops through his roof.There is a echo inside called Geary Unbreakable Gear.Once you pick it up it vanishes and no recording is played.Go to mount Hellsfont in Eridium Blight and climb to the top.A psycho will spawn named Geary.Kill him and he should drop a head."
#6Paradox421Posted 9/27/2012 5:41:28 AM(edited)
That actually isn't the full 'secret.' Last night, a group of players over on the Gearbox Forums figured it out.

Geary spawns regardless of whether or not you grabbed the ECHO, and he always drops a head.

Now, if you grab the ECHO in Claptrap's place and walk (run) without fast traveling or using any vehicles ALL the way to the volcano in the Eridium Blight, Geary takes the Echo from you (and then jumps in the volcano) and 3 chests spawn, with one guaranteed to give you purples. This is repeatable.
---
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
#7ernest_ezekielPosted 9/27/2012 5:38:34 AM
tag
#8ValkassiumPosted 9/27/2012 5:58:54 AM
Tag
---
i5 3570k | Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H |8GB XMS3 1600 | Sapphire HD 6870 | NZXT Phantom White
GT: Dave Valkass - Steam: Dvalkass
#9rapacioushoboPosted 9/27/2012 6:18:19 AM
Tagged.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |9800 gt | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
#10Old_SodPosted 9/27/2012 6:21:27 AM
Paradox421 posted...
That actually isn't the full 'secret.' Last night, a group of players over on the Gearbox Forums figured it out.

Geary spawns regardless of whether or not you grabbed the ECHO, and he always drops a head.

Now, if you grab the ECHO in Claptrap's place and walk (run) without fast traveling or using any vehicles ALL the way to the volcano in the Eridium Blight, Geary takes the Echo from you (and then jumps in the volcano) and 3 chests spawn, with one guaranteed to give you purples. This is repeatable.

W............T.............F.

I knew the heads dropped without the echo, because I've done it before. But this is pretty dang cool.

Gonna have to go back on playthrough 1 and give this a shot.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992