Slot machine trick, cheap eridium

#1UltraBeefPosted 9/26/2012 10:25:15 AM
So here's a quick trick which really only applies to people that have some co op buddies with them. It's no quantum physics, but maybe it'll help some people.

1. Get a higher leveled character, the higher the cheaper the eridium will relatively be.
2. Join your buddy's game which is a lower level but is at a point where you have access to a slot machine.
3. Play slot machines with the higher level character. The slot machines will be way cheaper than in your own game, even though the eridium payout from the slot machines are still the same.
4. Enjoy your cheap(er) eridium!

This doesn't work for guns by the way. The guns scale to however is hosting, so getting higher level guns while doing this trick won't work.
---
If you know what I mean.
#2Old_SodPosted 9/26/2012 10:34:40 AM
Been doing this for the past couple of days.

Also, if I am going for playing slots for weapons for fun, I always invite lower level buds so they can take advantage of selling crappy weapons, gaining money, and gaining eridium.

Sharing is just a good notion in this game. For instance, yesterday I posted up giving away an Alien Head for a Sin and a costume as well that I had left over from farming the Siren Helmet Head, and the person who I eventually gave it to decided to give me all the ULCE Heads and Skins just because he could.

I really like the community so far in BL2! Good folks!
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#3UltraBeef(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 10:42:07 AM
Yeah, I ended up doing that as well, and likewise that others did it for my own alts. I haven't really gotten into the public games so far, since I mostly have someone else to play with anyway, but it's good to hear the public community is also as nice as it is. :)
---
If you know what I mean.
#4NinjeroPosted 9/26/2012 10:50:55 AM(edited)
UltraBeef posted...
So here's a quick trick which really only applies to people that have some co op buddies with them. It's no quantum physics, but maybe it'll help some people.

1. Get a higher leveled character, the higher the cheaper the eridium will relatively be.
2. Join your buddy's game which is a lower level but is at a point where you have access to a slot machine.
3. Play slot machines with the higher level character. The slot machines will be way cheaper than in your own game, even though the eridium payout from the slot machines are still the same.
4. Enjoy your cheap(er) eridium!

This doesn't work for guns by the way. The guns scale to however is hosting, so getting higher level guns while doing this trick won't work.

OMG you are my hero. I will do this for anyone who helps me out on Playthrough 2/2.5.

Old_Sod posted...
I should have clarified...not public community, GameFAQs and Gearbox community. Any co-op game that you are looking to play online, it is always much more fun to either play with people you already know, or meet new people on a forum of some kind as opposed to joining random player matchmaking.

People from forums >>>>> playing with randoms/public games

I agree with this, mostly. I didn't really enjoy playing in Public Games on Diablo 2. The Diablo 2 community was "horrible."
---
Incompetent good intentions will only bring tragedy. If you intend to do what is right, you need the strength to accompany that. -Kratos Aurion (ToS)
#5Old_SodPosted 9/26/2012 10:47:09 AM
I should have clarified...not public community, GameFAQs and Gearbox community. Any co-op game that you are looking to play online, it is always much more fun to either play with people you already know, or meet new people on a forum of some kind as opposed to joining random player matchmaking.

---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#6RadosityPosted 9/26/2012 10:48:07 AM
That's pretty nifty. Thanks for the info.
---
Where the video games at
#7UltraBeef(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 10:55:24 AM
Old_Sod posted...

For me, people from forums are kind of the public community, as I don't even think about joining random public games. Hehe. But yeah, even those online communities can be asses, so that's what I meant by saying it's a good thing that isn't the case for BL2.
---
If you know what I mean.
#8XxRiSoNxXPosted 9/26/2012 11:03:23 AM
Every Blizzard game has a horrible community, lol. I think it's a set standard of theirs... just to see how many e-peen elitist, wankers and whiners that can possibly fit on one group of servers (bnet/wow) lmao
---
Currently streaming: Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, NBA 2K13 (pending release). http://www.twitch.tv/zalsphere Feel free to drop in, comment or chat. ^_^