Out of Body Experience- Gun or shield?

#1puenboyPosted 9/27/2012 4:00:11 AM
I wonder if I would choose the gun or shield as Out of Body Experience reward. I have a much better Jakobs shotgun, and a worse shield but the talking gun thing seemed so cool...
---
Snake: Liquid!
Liquid: Brotherrrrrrr!!!
#2element_zeroPosted 9/27/2012 4:02:10 AM
I chose the shield in that one, since I had good weapons at that point but my shield also sucked. It also talks by the way (i.e. when the shield depletes or has fully recharged).
---
I has a flavor
#3MarikhenPosted 9/27/2012 4:06:46 AM
You can, IIRC, get the shield up to an absorption rate of 40%, make it resistant to explosive damage, or immune to corrosive damage by save scumming for the right affixes. It's worth looking at the shield from that perspective. On the other hand if you plan on playing multiple alts you can get both eventually, and save scum your way to the "perfect" one(s) of each, so it's not a major concern in the long run.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#4quanticdreamPosted 9/27/2012 4:17:53 AM
Gun's amazing, it's just... you get sooooo many good shotguns in this game... I for once carry 3 of them with me now, and they all are so cool xD
#5glory of power metalPosted 9/27/2012 4:51:28 AM
Aww the gun talks? I immediately sold it out of spite when I saw it was a shotgun which I never use.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#6ernest_ezekielPosted 9/27/2012 5:45:32 AM
better... jakobs shotgun?