Getting Level 50 Versions of Quest Items

#1Death DurronPosted 10/1/2012 12:52:39 AM
I read a tip either here or on the Steam forums that if players were to withhold on picking up quests until they are level 50 that they can get the level 50 version of said quest rewards.

For greens it is probably better to just do those quest for the experience but for quests with blue unique items it might be worth not picking them up until level 50.....at least for those that want the Level 50 version.

What I am curious about though is if this best done in Playthrough 2 or Playthrough 2.5 if it exist. If Playthrough 2.5 exist I figure we'll be level 50 by the time we're done with Playthrough 2. If it doesn't exist though I'd imagine that is the only chance we get to obtain the level 50 versions of the various unique items.

Comments are appreciated,

Thank you
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#2KiThirstyPosted 10/1/2012 1:01:14 AM
I don't think all the side quests scale to level 50 unless you finish the main quest for playthrough 2, but I could be wrong.
#3Paradox421Posted 10/1/2012 1:10:39 AM
As long as you ignore the quest completely and do not accept it, it will scale up to level 50 on 2.5. And yes, it is guaranteed to be level 50 if you waited.
---
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
#4NinjeroPosted 10/1/2012 1:17:31 AM(edited)
KiThirsty posted...
I don't think all the side quests scale to level 50 unless you finish the main quest for playthrough 2, but I could be wrong.

In BL1, the quests don't scale if you've already accepted them from the NPC/device in question
For the quests to scale, you have to ignore them entirely.
If you have already accepted them, they will never scale. To get the maximum amount of "free" level 50 guns, you probably need to go through Playthrough 2 without picking up sidequests. This includes quests like "Incinerator Clayton" and "Assassinate the Assassins."

Level 50 Hyperion Commerce/Dahl Lascaux anyone?
---
Incompetent good intentions will only bring tragedy. If you intend to do what is right, you need the strength to accompany that. -Kratos Aurion (ToS)
#5KiThirstyPosted 10/1/2012 1:21:15 AM
Ninjero posted...
KiThirsty posted...

In BL1, the quests don't scale if you've already accepted them from the NPC/device in question
For the quests to scale, you have to ignore them entirely.
If you have already accepted them, they will never scale. To get the maximum amount of "free" level 50 guns, you probably need to go through Playthrough 2 without picking up sidequests. This includes quests like "Incinerator Clayton" and "Assassinate the Assassins."

Level 50 Hyperion Commerce/Dahl Lascaux anyone?

I know they don't scale if you already started them. I was saying that I think you need to be on playthrough 2.5 for them to be able to even reach 50. Just like how playthrough 1 quests are capped at around 30 and lower (even if you pick them up at level 40), I think playthrough 2 quests are capped below 50.
#6BoozeHound59Posted 10/1/2012 1:29:31 AM
It's better to take em at around level 40-45 IMO. At 50 you might as well just farm legendaries off bosses.
#7Death Durron(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 1:32:05 AM
Thanks for the quick reply everyone. Is there indeed a Playthrough 2.5 or is Playthrough 2 the highest? Friends and I are about to start on Playthrough and we're trying to figure out if we should skip quests with blue items or skip them later after Playthrough 2 if there is indeed a 2.5.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#8KiThirstyPosted 10/1/2012 1:35:51 AM
Death Durron posted...
Thanks for the quick reply everyone. Is there indeed a Playthrough 2.5 or is Playthrough 2 the highest? Friends and I are about to start on Playthrough and we're trying to figure out if we should skip quests with blue items or skip them later after Playthrough 2 if there is indeed a 2.5.

Do the main quest on playthrough 2 and ignore side quests. After you finish off the warrior, you will still be on playthrough 2, but everything will scale for a max level character, which is why people call it 2.5 instead of 3.
#9jdjfollowerPosted 10/1/2012 2:32:36 AM
So just to confirm: Do you need to be both level 50 AND be on playthrough 2.5 for the side quests to scale to level 50?
---
TheCrimsonSenjuRenegade of GameFAQS
#10Paradox421Posted 10/1/2012 3:56:30 AM
Nope, you do not need to be 50 before completing TVHM. I ran through the last few missions pretty quickly with my friends and I started 2.5 at level 47. All the side missions (that I had not accepted yet) were level 50 anyway.
---
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"