Ok, Super Badass Fire Thresher

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Ok, Super Badass Fire Thresher

User Info: Maeiv

Maeiv
4 years ago#1
Wtf? How am I supposed to fight this guy? He spawns and all my shields plus some life are down. By the time I find cover, he pops up on me again and I die.

Is there an easy strategy to this I am missing?
Achieve the dream
76ers, Eagles

User Info: Megawizard

Megawizard
4 years ago#2
I ran like crazy back the way I came. He stops towards the bottom of the ramp (or at least he did for me), and then I just had to deal with explosive fireballs.
^( ' ' )^

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 years ago#3
Are there ever any you can't just fight in a vehicle? Because it's pretty effortless that way.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: KiThirsty

KiThirsty
4 years ago#4
I have only fought 3 so far, and all of them were in non-vehicle areas.

The first one I fought I ended up running into a small shack, and his fire could not hit me if I moved away from the doorway, so I kept hitting him and moving back, peeking out to hit, then moving back again.

The other two were in open areas, and I died to both because they surprised me, but when I came back I waited on the outer rim from where they attacked me before and fired a few shots. Within 20 seconds they would come out of the ground and launch fireballs from a distance without actually charging toward me, so they weren't hard to kill after I knew they were there.

User Info: Kosba_2142

Kosba_2142
4 years ago#5
I died instantly at the lake with Tannis' Echo recorder in the boat, he 1hko'd me from below, so somehow, I scale the rocks around it to get a vehicle there (its a no vehicle area) and hurt him, hurt him bad.
CATS. That's about it honestly...

User Info: KiThirsty

KiThirsty
4 years ago#6
Kosba_2142 posted...
I died instantly at the lake with Tannis' Echo recorder in the boat, he 1hko'd me from below, so somehow, I scale the rocks around it to get a vehicle there (its a no vehicle area) and hurt him, hurt him bad.

That is the first one I fought, the one in which I ran into a shack and killed slowly from the doorway.

User Info: synthetiksin

synthetiksin
4 years ago#7
Threshers with tentacles are actually the easier ones to kill. If you are down, shoot the tentacles (or another weaksauce thresher), revive, and kill the thresher. If you are close, use your shotgun.

User Info: Caterwaul

Caterwaul
4 years ago#8
KiThirsty posted...
Kosba_2142 posted...

That is the first one I fought, the one in which I ran into a shack and killed slowly from the doorway.

I could never find that one. Whenever I went in the area, a single Tentacle would pop up, coated in fire, but the body itself never spawned. This is in multiple games too, so it's not a single-time occurance. ;(

OT: I just Gunzerk and circle-strafe them. Shooting them in their lower eyes causes crits, and a Slag SMG + any other weapon kills him before my Zerk runs out.

User Info: Davel23

Davel23
4 years ago#9
Step 1: Drop the turret
Step 2: Win
Your mom's box.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Ok, Super Badass Fire Thresher

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived