Ok, Super Badass Fire Thresher

#1MaeivPosted 10/2/2012 8:56:19 PM
Wtf? How am I supposed to fight this guy? He spawns and all my shields plus some life are down. By the time I find cover, he pops up on me again and I die.

Is there an easy strategy to this I am missing?
---
Achieve the dream
76ers, Eagles
#2MegawizardPosted 10/2/2012 9:02:18 PM
I ran like crazy back the way I came. He stops towards the bottom of the ramp (or at least he did for me), and then I just had to deal with explosive fireballs.
---
^( ' ' )^
#3The_Undying_84Posted 10/2/2012 9:29:31 PM
Are there ever any you can't just fight in a vehicle? Because it's pretty effortless that way.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#4KiThirstyPosted 10/2/2012 9:44:54 PM
I have only fought 3 so far, and all of them were in non-vehicle areas.

The first one I fought I ended up running into a small shack, and his fire could not hit me if I moved away from the doorway, so I kept hitting him and moving back, peeking out to hit, then moving back again.

The other two were in open areas, and I died to both because they surprised me, but when I came back I waited on the outer rim from where they attacked me before and fired a few shots. Within 20 seconds they would come out of the ground and launch fireballs from a distance without actually charging toward me, so they weren't hard to kill after I knew they were there.
#5Kosba_2142Posted 10/2/2012 11:03:37 PM
I died instantly at the lake with Tannis' Echo recorder in the boat, he 1hko'd me from below, so somehow, I scale the rocks around it to get a vehicle there (its a no vehicle area) and hurt him, hurt him bad.
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#6KiThirstyPosted 10/2/2012 11:50:19 PM
Kosba_2142 posted...
I died instantly at the lake with Tannis' Echo recorder in the boat, he 1hko'd me from below, so somehow, I scale the rocks around it to get a vehicle there (its a no vehicle area) and hurt him, hurt him bad.

That is the first one I fought, the one in which I ran into a shack and killed slowly from the doorway.
#7synthetiksinPosted 10/2/2012 11:55:38 PM
Threshers with tentacles are actually the easier ones to kill. If you are down, shoot the tentacles (or another weaksauce thresher), revive, and kill the thresher. If you are close, use your shotgun.
#8CaterwaulPosted 10/3/2012 3:23:53 AM
KiThirsty posted...
Kosba_2142 posted...

That is the first one I fought, the one in which I ran into a shack and killed slowly from the doorway.

I could never find that one. Whenever I went in the area, a single Tentacle would pop up, coated in fire, but the body itself never spawned. This is in multiple games too, so it's not a single-time occurance. ;(

OT: I just Gunzerk and circle-strafe them. Shooting them in their lower eyes causes crits, and a Slag SMG + any other weapon kills him before my Zerk runs out.
#9Davel23Posted 10/3/2012 3:53:27 AM
Step 1: Drop the turret
Step 2: Win
---
Your mom's box.