It's $36 on GMG now

#1TheTrueSetoPosted 10/3/2012 1:06:11 AM
Probably old but whatever, just a heads up for those who are still mulling over a purchase.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/sg/en/pc/games/rpgs/borderlands-2/

They're currently having a 20% discount off the game, and if you use the discount code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN, you get a further 25% discount.

I had $12 worth of credit left in my account, so I only paid 24 bucks for it. A steal imo.
---
i care about your problemz
#2Bigj089Posted 10/3/2012 1:27:22 AM
Direct2Play had it for $25 the other day, not sure what it is now. Note however that it is a Russian key for Steam they give you but it gives you the option of installing the English or Russian version.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#3HandGrenade2Posted 10/3/2012 2:11:06 AM
Bigj089 posted...
Direct2Play had it for $25 the other day, not sure what it is now. Note however that it is a Russian key for Steam they give you but it gives you the option of installing the English or Russian version.

That's the sketchy one where they send you a pic of a hand written note with the key on it, right?

Can the GOG version be activated on steam?
---
"Man is what he believes."- Chekhov
Steam ID: HandyGrenade123
#4TheTrueSeto(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 9:54:51 AM
HandGrenade2 posted...
Bigj089 posted...

That's the sketchy one where they send you a pic of a hand written note with the key on it, right?

If you mean GMG, yes.

Received the activation code almost immediately; also pre-ordered GW2 from them.
---
i care about your problemz
#5Bigj089Posted 10/3/2012 10:01:03 AM
HandGrenade2 posted...
Bigj089 posted...

They send you a picture of the actual CD key on the case. Ive bought several games from there and never had any trouble and you pay with Paypal also.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#6shastacollege22Posted 10/3/2012 11:18:56 AM
I'm a tad jaded. I don't see why it's so deeply discounted 2 weeks after release. I would have preferred not to have spent $53.99 but my lesson has been learned. Preordering gives very little return and in this case nothing as I could have bought the mechromancer with the savings......
---
XBL and PSN : Kyrue
#7NicoGrimmPosted 10/3/2012 11:21:30 AM
I'm a tad jaded. I don't see why it's so deeply discounted 2 weeks after release. I would have preferred not to have spent $53.99 but my lesson has been learned. Preordering gives very little return and in this case nothing as I could have bought the mechromancer with the savings......

It was like 40 on GMG weeks BEFORE release. This game's had crazy sales. You spending 50 dollars on the game is entirely on you.
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#8gmoffoxPosted 10/3/2012 12:24:14 PM
shastacollege22 posted...

The reason why they have it cheaper is they sell Russian copies. Games apparently can be bought for a lot cheaper wholesale there.
#9xKureiPosted 10/3/2012 2:54:29 PM
I bought the game on release date on ebay for 37$. Some guy was selling the codes they got from buying a nvidia GPU. I'm sure you can find ones for cheaper than 36$ now since it's been a while since release.
---
I so hate consequences. I ish Hellstrike.
#10Darksaber310Posted 10/3/2012 7:24:15 PM
I wish I had looked around. Lesson learned, I'll be doing research. This is really the first game I've ever heard of with a 50% off sale on release day.
---
Once again snatching defeat,
From the jaws of victory.