Best Maya skill tree?

#1Matty_G33Posted 10/3/2012 8:52:58 PM
What is your personal preference? - Results (233 votes)
Motion
17.17% (40 votes)
Harmony
21.89% (51 votes)
Cataclysm
60.94% (142 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Again, general consensus, and I plan to play Siren later on.

Side question, which would be better to use when starting out?
---
You hop around trying to click on the bad guy's head before he clicks on yours first. ~Interrobangin, on CS:GO
#2KiThirstyPosted 10/3/2012 9:05:54 PM
I voted for cataclysm. However, if I was starting a new siren, I would probably try one of the other trees. I wasn't too impressed with cataclysm during early levels.
#3Konto3Posted 10/3/2012 9:21:46 PM
Starting out, Motion is probably your best choice because Cataclysm doesn't get it's best skills until pretty far in the tree (Reaper, Ruin) Motion has skills in pretty much every tier that is worth spending points on. Harmony is the best if you like to play with others due to Sweet release, Wreck and res, and all those skills are not that far down the tree.
#4Kosba_2142Posted 10/3/2012 9:32:51 PM
I'd go a little bit of everything nice until you can max out any given tree well, but otherwise Cataclysm
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#5synthetiksinPosted 10/3/2012 10:55:09 PM
If you are playing with buddies, the medic tree is definitely worth spending points on, if you are soloing, it's definitely the worst. Cataclysm is the overall better of the trees though.
#6PIITB415Posted 10/3/2012 11:05:17 PM
I really like running and gunning. Which tree would be ideal?
---
Amorphous GameFAQs Member.
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4349/gohard.gif
#7jakisthePosted 10/3/2012 11:06:27 PM
Personally, I've found the Catalysm tree to be fairly weak until the veeeery end levels; the stuff like Helios and Cloud Kill sound interesting, but what ends up happening is that their relative elements barely doing any damage at all...like, maybe 100 or so a tick at lvl46. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#8SumerianPosted 10/3/2012 11:13:04 PM
Cataclysm's capstone skill, Ruin, is powerful and extremely satisfying to use after gathering a horde of enemies up with a singularity grenade or two. Add in Converge from the motion tree by level 42 and you can skip right to the shower of rainbow-colored numbers flying all over the screen.
---
Topics I haven't made because I know how to use the search function: 178
#9dexter1984Posted 10/3/2012 11:26:25 PM
jakisthe posted...
Personally, I've found the Catalysm tree to be fairly weak until the veeeery end levels; the stuff like Helios and Cloud Kill sound interesting, but what ends up happening is that their relative elements barely doing any damage at all...like, maybe 100 or so a tick at lvl46. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

What? Cloud Kill is 1 point, it activates every 5 second and does damage to an area. What else did you expect?

Cataclysm is definitely the best Maya tree for me.

You kill things really fast with Ruin since it slags.
Chain Reaction works really well with high rate of fire weapons.
Reaper works half the time and helps out with killing.

I love Converge from the motion tree, it has a ridiculous AOE and can break ION loaders out of their forcefield if they are close enough.
Someone tested out Kinetic Reflection 11/10 and bullets actually heal you when it's active.
#10PezdisPosted 10/4/2012 12:08:27 AM
Cataclysm provides the best end-game DPS, but because Helios, Cloud Kill, Blight Phoenix, [insert every source of elemental damage from a skill] scale off your player level, the damage can be a bit lackluster at the start.

Low levels, invest in the passives at the top of the trees that make your guns better. At around 20ish, I'd say, is when you can reliably throw around Helios phaselocks and Cloud Kill your way through the Loaders, especially if you get a decent class mod along the way.

By the time you have enough points to reach the bottom of a skill tree (31), you should be able and capable of respeccing straight through Cataclysm and doing just fine, using the next few levels to work your way back to Converge in the Motion tree for epic winning.

Fun fact, you only need 11 points in Harmony and a Nurse mod to be the most useful person in a game full of Axtons.