Best Maya skill tree?

#11quanticdreamPosted 10/4/2012 12:37:53 AM
If I haven't played siren, I would say motion... but seing how sub-sequence doesn't renew the skill, it actually sucks -_-

so, Harmony>Cataclysm>Motion
#12OsgorothPosted 10/4/2012 3:55:06 AM
I'd go with Cataclysm, with Ruin in a close second.

If you're playing multiplayer, you should probably invest a bit in Harmony however.

Right now, at level 17, I'm running around with Cataclysm (with max Flicker), a Splatter Witch class mod (bonus to corrosive chance/damage; +2 points to Flicker) and Moxxi's Bad Touch (Corrosive SMG).

I now have close to 40% chance to trigger the corrosion DoT (from a base 16% on my weapon), it does pretty good damage on non-armored targets, and utterly murders armored targets.
Plus, the Bad Touch effect heals me from that DoT damage (not a whole lot, but when there are a lot of enemies, it becomes more noticeable)

I thinks that's a pretty kickass combination, especially for a level <20
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a lesser deity]
#13Dark_ManXPosted 10/4/2012 4:03:05 AM
Im doing TVHM with this:

http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#502501000005000000005505510501

I chose "Cataclysm" x)
---
"Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms." Nier
#14dexter1984Posted 10/4/2012 4:05:02 AM
Osgoroth posted...

If you're playing multiplayer, you should probably invest a bit in Harmony however.

Right now, at level 17, I'm running around with Cataclysm (with max Flicker), a Splatter Witch class mod (bonus to corrosive chance/damage; +2 points to Flicker) and Moxxi's Bad Touch (Corrosive SMG).

I now have close to 40% chance to trigger the corrosion DoT (from a base 16% on my weapon), it does pretty good damage on non-armored targets, and utterly murders armored targets.
Plus, the Bad Touch effect heals me from that DoT damage (not a whole lot, but when there are a lot of enemies, it becomes more noticeable)

The % increased chance to trigger elements doesn't work that way. You don't add the numbers together, you multiply the weapon % by Flicker.

So it's 16% X 1.3 from Max Flicker = 20.8%.
#15OsgorothPosted 10/4/2012 4:59:59 AM(edited)
dexter1984 posted...
Osgoroth posted...

The % increased chance to trigger elements doesn't work that way. You don't add the numbers together, you multiply the weapon % by Flicker.

So it's 16% X 1.3 from Max Flicker = 20.8%.

I'm aware of that.
24% (class mod)
42% for level 7 flicker (I get +2 from my class mod)
some% from my badass tokens (forgot how much)

16.3% + (16.3%*70% (or so, depending on my amount from badass points)) brings it to about 30%. Probably a bit more depending on the exact values (going from memory as I'm at work now)
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a lesser deity]
#16WhiteNutsPosted 10/4/2012 5:20:37 AM
I personally love Cataclysm even though I'm forced to get some skills I don't really like to get to Ruin (before anyone attacks me to defend fiercely things like Immolation, Backdraft or Blight Phoenix, I'm not saying they are necessarily bad, just that I personally don't like them). I also spec'd into Harmony for a while for co-op play and found it very interesting. However, I can't seem to dig the high-tier motion skills, so that's my least favorite tree.
#17Death DurronPosted 10/4/2012 5:33:27 AM
The only time I run solo is when farming or just grinding from kills and over 80% of the time I'm playing with friends so Harmony has been very useful for me overall in not just keeping my friends healed but also having an instant cast range rez and a slag debuffer with Scorn.

I personally just like not having to rely on switching guns and/or grenade to debuff enemies with slag. Overall it's been very useful for my friends and me when taking on Super Badass enemies on TVHM.

Granted given the damage output of enemies in TVHM it sometimes seem easier to just stay alive via Second Wings than keeping us healed but still, the less times getting into Fight for your Life the better.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#18Old_SodPosted 10/4/2012 6:46:20 AM
Cataclysm mainly due to Ruin and Reaper.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#19moonrazkPosted 10/4/2012 1:03:17 PM
Beware that Cloud Kill have a very bad habit of making your OHKO headshots not count. Or at least that happened to me while doing Fink's Slaughterhouse rounds.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/moonra-zk
"Gordon Freeman can cure cancer by performing a dance number/ultimate Frisbee game with Link." - i_m_me
#20PezdisPosted 10/4/2012 1:05:55 PM
Yes, Cloud Kill makes critical kills not count if the killshot would proc Cloud Kill. The silver lining is that this is a bug, so it should get fixed, eventually.