Must have weapons and ways to get them?

#1ambar_hitmanPosted 10/4/2012 12:39:30 AM
So I have been hearing a lot about Conference Call, The Bee etc, can anyone post ways to get them? Also other must haves? I am at level 31 now and dont have any special weapon.
---
AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1666 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371
#2Crimson681Posted 10/4/2012 12:46:18 AM
I'm not sure about the conference call but the Bee shield is the best damage booster in the game. Its basically an amp shield that permanently fire Amp shots as long as the shield is fully charged. Its a necessary item if you plan on farming bosses. The bee shield works best with very high ROF weapons, or shotguns. A level 50 bee shield can give you 55000 damage amp shots. Which literally means every bullet you fire gets 55000 extra damage! For as good as that seems its not really practical in fights with lots of enemies because you are guaranteed to get hit, and in TVHM, you can easily be 1hko'd using a bee shield by an exploding mob, EXP loaders, suicide psychos, etc. They are notorious for spawning behind you and sneaking up on you, so its guaranteed to happen at some point.. Where you might be able to survive one blast if you had a shield with beefy amount.
#3IntegnosPosted 10/4/2012 1:28:33 AM
Crimson681 posted...
I'm not sure about the conference call but the Bee shield is the best damage booster in the game. Its basically an amp shield that permanently fire Amp shots as long as the shield is fully charged. Its a necessary item if you plan on farming bosses. The bee shield works best with very high ROF weapons, or shotguns. A level 50 bee shield can give you 55000 damage amp shots. Which literally means every bullet you fire gets 55000 extra damage! For as good as that seems its not really practical in fights with lots of enemies because you are guaranteed to get hit, and in TVHM, you can easily be 1hko'd using a bee shield by an exploding mob, EXP loaders, suicide psychos, etc. They are notorious for spawning behind you and sneaking up on you, so its guaranteed to happen at some point.. Where you might be able to survive one blast if you had a shield with beefy amount.

You'll be 1hkoed using any other shield, aside from a blast proof shield prefix(resistance to explosives) which the Bee can come with.

And I don't really get 1hkoed by PT2.5 exploders without a blast proof shield. Whether I have 40k shields and 80k health, or 18k shields and 50k health(what I roll with after having tested out both), exploders always drop me down to a fraction of my health. I think theres some sort of mechanic where too much spike damage gets capped at a certain percentage of your health.

As for the topic itself, Conference Call has the best chance to drop from the Warrior.
Other weapons are good to mess around with, but I wouldn't categorize them as a "must have".
#4fire810Posted 10/4/2012 4:31:22 AM
a two fer maggie revolver is a must have, imo
#5WhiteNutsPosted 10/4/2012 5:24:49 AM
Depends on what you classify as "must have", to be honest. Personally, the first thing I'm definitely going to farm when I get to 50 is a Deliverance. I got a lv 20-ish while I was on the Wildlife Preserve and I had lots and lots of laughs using it. Seriously.