What RPG aspects would you add to this game?

#1JimiMorrison187Posted 10/4/2012 9:32:59 PM
I'm not fussed about the shallow RPG leveling, or any of that, but it seems that it could be quite a bit better. Heck they even took away leveling weapons from the first game, although I didn't think that was all that good anyways.

What else could they add in to increase teh RPG side of this game?

I just want something more. Picking one skill at level up just doesn't feel that satisfying. Especially since most of the time you have to spend 5 points in a row on something just to get more skills you want. I think just a much bigger skill tree would be more interestning and give us like 5 points every level up to use. Obviously not a bunch of OP stuff, but smaller things we can play with, or make some things get half as much bboost and require 10 points instead of 5.
---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
#2TheNazzaroPosted 10/4/2012 9:34:43 PM
Set bonuses would be nice. The Law and Order combo is an example of a set bonus basically. Maybe even another mod slot that effected gravity/speed/jump
---
http://i.imgur.com/DYjPU.jpg
http://nicknazzaro.com/
#3BladenytePosted 10/4/2012 9:35:18 PM
i wish they would bring back weapon proficiency.. while i did sort of hate it in BL1, it came to dawn on me that it truly did make me feel good as i reach the higher levels of weapon because i've spent so much time dedicated to it and was rewarded because of it.
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#4rabbi_babyPosted 10/4/2012 9:35:20 PM
The power of love and friendship.
---
Anyone who goes into a rabid topic deserves what they get.-Flashman
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/7662/glorious.jpg
#5TheSocialBunnyPosted 10/4/2012 9:47:40 PM
I was a big fan of the Proficiency system as well, I know they probably canned it due to being covered by the Badass System, but there was always something reassuring about knowing that every bullet you fired helped you measurably grow and it also promoted weapon preference and specialization.
#6JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:50:37 PM
Think they should make dialogue a bit more in depth? Not sure it would fit in this gmae though for me. Kind of too fast paced even though this game actually is pretty long.

I'm actually surprised modding stuff ourselves isn't an aspect too. Like alloww us to get better scopes, add another barrel, etc.

A silencer would be freakin' awesome. While it really would be tought to incorporate it I'd like to have SOME aspect of stealth. Crouching should actually matter for something othe than just to get a challenge for assault rifles...lol
---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
#7Robtcee13Posted 10/4/2012 9:51:33 PM
Weapon proficiencies for one.
Gun customization for another. Mods for individual guns, that you slot in like gems into special moddable guns. By that point though, I fear the guiness book wouldn't have enough page space to contain all of the zeroes in the amount of guns the game would have.

And lastly, more complicatedly...
Six skill trees per character: Three action skills, of which one would unlock two trees. The trees could be smaller, the passives could somehow be more samey, I don't care. I just want more abilities.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#8JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 10:02:29 PM
Yeah...it just needs...MORE.

Mostly though I agree that I want more options in my character skills. Make it feel like I can play a different way from game to game. Most are just basically set up as a co-op or single player type. Like Maya's middle tree is 100% for co-op really. Not much use for you as a single player.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/k3u0zo.jpg
#9Matty_G33Posted 10/4/2012 10:03:40 PM
Needs a better endgame.
---
You hop around trying to click on the bad guy's head before he clicks on yours first. ~Interrobangin, on CS:GO
#10420FatalPosted 10/4/2012 10:30:09 PM
crafting would be interesting...
---
ASRock Z68 Extreme4 | i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz | HYPER 212+ | EVGA GTX 570 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair HX750W | Corsair 400r
PSN: JussBlazn