What RPG aspects would you add to this game?

#11JohnMafiaPosted 10/4/2012 9:57:49 PM
I would like gun customization. Where instead of fully made guns, you get drops for magazine size, fire rates, scopes etc. The guns can drop how they are now, but you also get the mods to drop and every gun will have replaceable parts.
---
Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll.
#12jakisthePosted 10/4/2012 10:42:59 PM
Another skill (maybe even two) per character...but no more than that. Give us 4 trees, 2 points a level, and see how deep we can get. I think they'd be able to get some incredible stuff going...

Introduce weapon proficiencies again, but have it being bonuses...not needed to equip a gun, say, but very gradual bonuses as you kill enemies. Like kill X amount of guys with weapon Y to get a tiiiiny boost to weapon Z in some stat or another. Keep the BARs, but they'd be for more general stuff, like melee damage, grenade, etc.

Crafting. Toss guns in the grinder to randomly get one of it's parts (stock, barrel, scope, body, mag, etc), then take them to Markus for him to build a gun for you..for a fee.

Not really RPG-y, per say, but have practical reasons beyond the elemental differences; not just "this guy is now resistant to fire!"
Stuff like "oh, he has a shield, but if you manage to peg the shield itself with a bullet, it shorts out briefly" or "yes, the robot has mostly armor, but if you hit in in the right areas, you can do normal damage...and corrosive shots will clear that armor to reveal more such areas".
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#13G0dSlay3rPosted 10/4/2012 11:25:34 PM
Weapon customization, similar to what they did in Darksiders 2.

Add another, very rare rank of weapons which you can further boost/customize.
Should use crafting components and Eridium as currency.

Also add the ability to choose the color layout of our favorite guns/gear in general.

This would give us the option of making our own weapons in both look and functionality and give us even more incentive to farm bosses and mini-bosses for rare components.

Also, since the customization would use both Eridium and specific components, it would make it costly enough for randomly generated weapons to still stay relevant.
You'd have a choice between using relatively easily obtainable randomly generated guns that may have stats and functionality surpassing your customized guns, or simply investing enough time to make the gun you really want.
You'd always be able to change the color scheme of any gun at any time and it would only cost you money.
#14Darksaber310Posted 10/4/2012 11:27:44 PM
The problem with leveling weapons was simply that you'd get this awesome weapon that you wanted to use, but you'd have to go play with your crap weapons for hours because you didn't think you'd want to use that weapon type. By the time you were leveled up to it in weapon skill it was pretty much already vendor trash.
---
Once again snatching defeat,
From the jaws of victory.
#15mrplanktomPosted 10/5/2012 12:27:35 AM
TheNazzaro posted...
Maybe even another mod slot that effected gravity/speed/jump

On that note, I'm a little disappointed there are no jetpacks, along with better vertical related levels/designs.

Even with just short bursts to make jumps slightly higher...maybe have it related to progress in the story so that you can jump further/higher the further on you are, making the levels start out a little complex leading to more and more complex levels, and consequently higher jumping capability, later on. Then on PT2+ you retain your max jumping/jetpack related capabilities, being able to get to secret places you may have not noticed on your first play through.

Or maybe have it as an equippable loot item with stats. Different stats could include how far it lifts you past default jump height, how long it can hold you at it's vertical limit, how much it weighs you down and slows down your run speed while it's equipped (having a separate button to "pull out" or "materialize" your jetpack and go into "jetpack mode" allowing the increased jumping/flight ability), how fast you move while in the air, how much it affects your accuracy while both equipped and while in flight, and probably many other possibilities. Higher levels obviously make them better and allow access to different vertically and even horizontally restricted areas (like a giant lava chasm just as an example).

Oh yeah, and enemies would have them too, obviously.

Anyways, that's just an idea....they were on the right track adding ladders...but they could have done a LOOOT more to make the gameplay more complex.
#16WlffrsetherPosted 10/5/2012 1:04:43 AM
Weapon proficiency. Make the bonuses small enough that it doesn't feel required, but just as a nice addition. Just like badass tokens.

Some sort of crafting/salvaging system. Let you select a few properties/gun parts and let the rest be randomized. Make it expensive and require Eridium.

More customization of your character. Nothing big necessarily, but a few small doodads here and there would be nice. An ammo-belt here, some gloves there, grenades everywhere... The skin-system is a great start, but I'm a bit surprised they didn't go all out on the customization bit.

I'd love some variation on the quests/missions as well, have more choices on how you solve them and have your choices make a difference on how certain areas/storylines develop. But I don't know how this would work with the heavy focus on coop and all if people have chosen different paths and then want to play together.
---
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every second of it.
#17TychusFindleePosted 10/5/2012 2:29:46 AM
- more skills
- crafting
- more gear(add armor, melee weps, ammo mods, etc)
- weapon masteries back
---
a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh
#18Death DurronPosted 10/5/2012 7:40:56 AM
Hopefully Gearbox expand on the usage of Eridium and actually allow us to upgrade/customize weapons with it.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#19AtmosOmegaPosted 10/5/2012 7:47:49 AM
Death Durron posted...
Hopefully Gearbox expand on the usage of Eridium and actually allow us to upgrade/customize weapons with it.

This. I thought part of the point of Eridium was to upgrade existing weapons into E-Tech.
It makes sense to me anyway.

Also, making personal adjustments to weapons (salvaging components/accessories like magazines, laser sights, blades, etc) would rock.
---
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.