Curious to know if anyone feels the same way as I do about Shock element

#1GuiltyChippXPosted 10/5/2012 1:20:56 PM
I find it completely useless. Enemies with shields aren't as plentiful as the were in Borderlands1, and those that have them lose em quickly.
Shock against the player works well for the enemies as it negates your own shield in a second though.
I personally don't even carry weapons with shock.

Anyone have the same experience?
---
DREAMCAST FOREVER SEGA FOR ETERNITY
#2squall2301Posted 10/5/2012 1:23:57 PM
I agree.
#3RedRover505Posted 10/5/2012 1:26:21 PM
Yep shock is completely useless in my opinion as well and even in the first game I hated seeing shock. Certainly seems like with BL2 as it is now caustic is the most powerful. Of course BL2 hasn't received any of it's addons or DLC yet.
#4pengalorPosted 10/5/2012 1:34:24 PM
I keep one around for dealing with stalkers but for the most part I agree.
---
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Pengalor/sig_2copy.jpg
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/pengalor/advanced
#5LokarinPosted 10/5/2012 1:50:46 PM
I like shock because it's at least neutral to armoured (as far as I can tell). Any enemy that is pure flesh I have a fire weapon for.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#6This_name_winsPosted 10/5/2012 1:56:47 PM
I like to carry Shock weapons because not many enemies seem to be resistant to it (only one I remember are ION Loaders and Shock skags, probably more), and it served me well on TVH-mode with Zer0, especially against Stalkers. They're pretty good as an all-around element, especially on grenades.

But on the other hand, while there are plenty of shielded enemies in TVH, I feel normal damage and slag transfusion grenades can produce the exact same effect, if not better... Still, Shock ain't useless. I don't know if it's the worst element of the bunch, but it's not useless.
---
I have acquired enough herpes to gain new life
#7funkyfritterPosted 10/5/2012 2:00:16 PM
Shock does full damage to all enemy types, so whenever you find a good one it's a very potent all-purpose weapon.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#8Robtcee13Posted 10/5/2012 2:08:14 PM
funkyfritter posted...
Shock does full damage to all enemy types, so whenever you find a good one it's a very potent all-purpose weapon.

I'm pretty sure all but slag and explosive get damage bonuses against one body type, and damage penalties against another, while the remaining stays neutral.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#9StopthinkPosted 10/5/2012 2:12:25 PM
I'd rather have a slag weapon as my all purpose but shock aint bad.
---
imo for the tight asses
#10chicostickPosted 10/5/2012 2:13:18 PM
I like using them once to strip shields then switch out. Usually a powerful shock sniper or something.