whos action skill scales best?

#31xSpydr07xPosted 10/6/2012 9:15:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32xSpydr07xPosted 10/6/2012 9:18:30 PM
Above was wrong section for the reply. :(

ErmAhGerd!
@dude who arguing over Zer0:
I never said it didn't have a use. I did say I thought Maya's scaled better. You got upset because you felt I insulted your character and felt the need to insult me. Even if I did insult Zer0, how, in any scenario, does insulting your seemingly favorite character mean you should insult me personally? Maybe I spoke ignorantly because I haven't played Zer0, but you are doing no different.

@new guy and grammar:
So, in your opinion the metaphor was inappropriate? You're entitled to that opinion, but I disagree. Either way, take your own advice...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/need

In what way did I NEED to be corrected. Was it required by necessity? No, nothing bad would have happened if it didn't happen. Was there some obligation for me to be corrected? Nope. I had no need to be corrected at all. Especially since you yourself said the point was understood by someone who cannot differentiate between the correct usage of need versus should. Perhaps it was you, and that other guy, who felt a NEED to correct me? That's a better usage of the word in that context.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/should

Any obligation to correct anything in that case was opinionated, so should is a better word.

This is why arguments on the internet about writing are pointless. It's BORDERLANDS, not some professional writing class. Since you are soooooooooooooooooo motivated to argue and give lessons, how about you put all that knowledge to good use and give us a good class on words people mess up all the time like the following:

Lie vs Lay
Further vs Farther
That vs Who
Its vs It's
Affect vs Effect
Could care less vs Couldn't care less

Explain that last one really well!!! Why? Because I could NOT care less anymore.
BLAH BLAH BLAH
#33SilentHawk29Posted 10/6/2012 9:42:57 PM(edited)
I never said it didn't have a use. I did say I thought Maya's scaled better. You got upset because you felt I insulted your character and felt the need to insult me. Even if I did insult Zer0, how, in any scenario, does insulting your seemingly favorite character mean you should insult me personally? Maybe I spoke ignorantly because I haven't played Zer0, but you are doing no different.

You're reading too far into it. Again, you are using the word "scale" incorrectly. Funny, considering the rest of your post is arguing about grammar and word usage.

Also, if correcting you is insulting, then I feel sorry for you. You must feel insulted on a daily basis on the internet. Also, how am I doing "no different?" I'm not throwing out false information.

Edit: Not only that, but I've already posted a video here on a 2 second Terra kill with Zero. Let's see Maya do that legitimately.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/239/71newwheels06.jpg
#34Kungfu KenobiPosted 10/6/2012 10:32:39 PM
So, in your opinion the metaphor was inappropriate? You're entitled to that opinion

To the degree that there is no final authority on the English language, it's not a matter of opinion. There's no dictionary definitions that fit your usage, and there are no common colloquial usages that fit your usage.

Was it required by necessity?

It's open to debate, unlike your use of 'generic'. There's also a case to be made for exaggeration for effect. I could argue that if you wish to communicate, it is required by necessity to use words in their understood meanings and give them no other capacity.

I'm flexible in what constitutes an "understood meaning". A word or phrase could be slang, idiomatic, or have undergone a widespread change in use (such as gay).

Would 'should/ought' have been more literally correct? Yes, I completely agree it would have been. However 'need' was not as wholly inappropriate as 'generic'. Instead of standing corrected like a gentleman, you chose to push a blatantly erroneous case for 'generic'.

(PS Nice try. :p)
---
Check out www.axemurderingworms.com . And remember kids: Sound isn't music, Books aren't stories, This is not a pipe, and The medium is the message.
#35jmyoda10Posted 10/6/2012 10:48:08 PM(edited)
I've only played Maya to 50, and I do have 2 builds for her. My normal build goes to Ruin, skipping Blight Phoenix, because well, damage is low and it STILL KILLS BARRELS. Then up Motion to snag converge. Joypuke. Bunch of slag, bunch of dots, enemies all clustered=support dps.
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?055001440000000000005405510501

My boss build, however, I'm running healing support. (Only using this for Invincibles, atm) I go up Harmony to get Res and the HP regen, and make sure to put no points into making phaselock better damage-y. I'm the dedicated healer, using the action skill to rez anyone who's down. Other than that, I put points into the generic "make gun damage more awesomer" skills.
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?500000000050500145005540010500
---
Why are so many people in personal ads looking for D&D free? What's wrong with a little tabletop roleplaying?
#36Digdug1983Posted 10/6/2012 11:58:42 PM
Having played with everyone so far I'd have to say that, in terms of scaling only, Maya's is the worst. I only say this due to the fact that so much of her Phaselock damage is based on skills rather than any form of gear. As stated above, Axton's turrets scale in direct relation to his level (I've never seen evidence that weapons change his turret DPS and I'm not counting things like mods). Salvador's scales with his weapons directly, as does Zer0's for the most part. While I'm sure Maya's skills scale in proportion to her level at or about the same rate as the other three, she doesn't have the kind of direct multiplication of force that the others have, but that's the price you pay for being able to lock (most) enemies in place I suppose.
#37xSpydr07xPosted 10/7/2012 2:01:56 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...
Again, you are using the word "scale" incorrectly.

Also, if correcting you is insulting, then I feel sorry for you. You must feel insulted on a daily basis on the internet. Also, how am I doing "no different?" I'm not throwing out false information.

Edit: Not only that, but I've already posted a video here on a 2 second Terra kill with Zero. Let's see Maya do that legitimately.

SilentHawk29 posted...
Just because you throw your decoy out in front of you and stand next to it to get hit by everything doesn't mean it's the least useful.

So you're saying the skill isn't useful without knowing what it does. Why again, should I not be "insulting?"

So, saying I throw out my decoy and stand next to it to die is correcting what exactly? I would say it's insulting by its implied meaning that I'm an idiot.

Saying if correcting me is insulting that I must feel insulted on a daily basis serves what purpose? Are you trying to make me feel bad? Dunno why you have such anger over what I said about Zer0, I really don't. Your last statement about being able to kill Terra in two seconds show YOU missed the point of the OP.

Where was it asked who could deal the most spike damage or DPS end game? If he just meant action skill to weapon scaling then it is entirely possible the character who improved the most with better weapons could still do the worst damage, yes?

For example, if Maya starts doing one damage and by end game can do 100, she scaled better than Zer0 if he starts at 50 and does 125.

Maybe I am missing it, but from what I'm getting, the question was whose action skill has the biggest improvement with better gear. You're right about the kunai and the 20% extra damage and Maya can't make up for that. However, the element is random, yes? So getting slag is random, yes? Not getting slag is very bad for Zer0's scaling compared to Maya. The random loss of double damage really hurts your case for Zer0 > Maya in scaling. I'll take guaranteed slag, excluding immunity, over random slag. ZerO as a character scales better.

I have no idea how fast Maya can kill Terra and I don't care. I'm sure if someone bothered to set it up like Bahroo did on his near one second kill, it'd be near two seconds as well. I don't farm Terra anymore because it's BORING and Terra has nothing I want since I already have it all. But kudos to you for the fast kill; I'm sure it took you ages to figure it out.

@grammar guy
Do some google searches on the general, or generic (see what I did????), perception of generic products and tell me what you find. Most of them aren't positive and people feel that the products are inferior or somewhat lacking to the real deal. I take Adderall for ADHD and can tell you the difference between name brand and its generic counterpart.

If you do NOT get the implied meaning by calling something generic to reference the generic perception of generic products then, Good Sir, maybe your intelligence is somewhat generic. (Meaning nothing out of the ordinary, because generic products are, by their very nature, cheap knockoffs.)

Poetry would be dead if you were in charge of writing. It is filled with metaphors and relational meanings. I do have a fairly good grasp of English, thanks. There isn't much difference between my use of generic (connotational) and your use of need (hyperbole), as neither is the generally intended usage. And no, your use of 'need' is never correct as you are not a representative authority on what I need regardless of dialect, jargon, slang, or colloquial expression. It is not debatable. So your use of the word debatable is also incorrect.

So please tell me how I need to be corrected by you?

(See, I can talk down to people just like you two.)
#38xSpydr07xPosted 10/7/2012 2:26:47 AM
On, and grammar guy~

"To the degree that there is no final authority on the English language, it's not a matter of opinion."

You know how completely wrong that is? How can it be a fact ("it's not a matter of opinion.") if there is no final authority on the English language? Are you confused? I thought there were rules and guidelines to be followed. These same guidelines do support my usage. There's a certain expletive used to describe my race that literally means "black", yet through its connotational meaning, it gained a new definition.

Show me a dictionary with window licker in it. You won't find an official one because its derived meaning in context is through connotation. I will make sure to write in a more simplistic fashion to appease you.
#39TychusFindleePosted 10/7/2012 3:12:16 AM
how OP the turret is:
1. place turret(s) on grownd (or wols)
2. watch emenies be raiped
3. cheer for trret on chat
4. ???
5. profeet!!!1!!11
---
a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh
#40SilentHawk29Posted 10/7/2012 9:32:14 AM
Saying if correcting me is insulting that I must feel insulted on a daily basis serves what purpose? Are you trying to make me feel bad? Dunno why you have such anger over what I said about Zer0, I really don't. Your last statement about being able to kill Terra in two seconds show YOU missed the point of the OP.

I'm clearly angered seeing as how I'm writing an essay over a small paragraph.

Your last statement about being able to kill Terra in two seconds show YOU missed the point of the OP.

Really? Because the OP asks what skill SCALES the best. Not what skill YOU think is the best. Zero is the only class (that I know of) that can kill Terra that fast due to how well his skill scales (based on damage as well as mods, not just level+mods like others). His and Sal's are the best due to what the OP is asking. He did not ask what your opinion is on whether or not you think it's useful.

For example, if Maya starts doing one damage and by end game can do 100, she scaled better than Zer0 if he starts at 50 and does 125.

He wouldn't say "Sal" in his opening post if he was just talking about level-based scaling.

Maybe I am missing it, but from what I'm getting, the question was whose action skill has the biggest improvement with better gear.

Exactly, so why are you arguing about Zero's being useless when his and Sal's are really the only skills that increase with better gear, barring class mods.

However, the element is random, yes?... Not getting slag is very bad for Zer0's scaling compared to Maya.

Yes. Also, that has absolutely nothing to do with scaling. "Clearly slag grenades scale better than transfusion grenades!"
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/239/71newwheels06.jpg