Wait So Gaige Is A Brony??

#171AlwaysRunningPosted 10/9/2012 7:50:35 PM
Hi! I'm a brony. Can't wait for the show to return next month!

What's going on in here?

*looks around*

*remembers why he quit frequenting GameFAQs*
#172chaostdkPosted 10/9/2012 7:57:06 PM
KGhaleon posted...
I think Gaige is suppose to represent hipsters, because I see references to Twilight and other stuff too.

Also Brony is /b/ + pony, if I recall. So girls can be bronies.

/topic

ok, i get that /b/ is the random board, but i'm pretty sure brony is just bro (like "come at me, bro!") + pony. to say that its /b/ + pony is a little far fetched mainly because.. well, where'd the r come from? wouldn't /b/ + pony directly equate to bony?
#173PSO CheZiPosted 10/9/2012 7:57:27 PM
"These couple of skills, whose names do not at all affect my playing experience since all that really matters is the stats, have names referring to ponies. Now I refuse to play as this character and feel she is a waste of money, despite the fun that could be added to my game by playing her."

*Golf clap*
---
"What if...she exploded...and then exploded again?"
"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?"
#174bendking3xPosted 10/9/2012 9:10:28 PM
DarthBadger posted...
Smokescreened84 posted...
The term for female fans of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is Pegasister, like I am. The Brony term is for the male fans of the series.

I wonder if she has a quote- I'm playing it on 360 - that pokes at Fluttershy's 'The Stare'.

Strange... I thought female fans of MLP were called "target audience".

Strange.. I thought the 2010 reboot of the series (and not the old show) has people of all ages and sexes as a target audience, perhaps people should read a little before the spew out nonsense.
#175CateraiPosted 10/9/2012 9:16:13 PM
How did this work so well.
#176Matty_G33Posted 10/9/2012 9:32:36 PM
Sure is /v/ in here.

Speaking of which, there are rumors on there that Gearbox will patch out the MLP references. I'm a bit skeptical, fingers crossed.
---
You hop around trying to click on the bad guy's head before he clicks on yours first. ~Interrobangin, on CS:GO
#177eco masterPosted 10/9/2012 9:38:37 PM
Pretty sure if they had to remove those, they'd have to start removing all referential humor in the game. Seeing as how the game is full of that, I don't see them removing one small part of it.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#178potatochobitPosted 10/9/2012 9:40:39 PM
Strange.. I thought the 2010 reboot of the series (and not the old show) has people of all ages and sexes as a target audience, perhaps people should read a little before the spew out nonsense.

you obviously have not watched the show.
or maybe you do, lol
---
http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
rules do not make justice but justice has rules -potatochobit 2012
#179R_JackalPosted 10/9/2012 9:55:34 PM
As someone who does not, and will never understand the whole "brony" movement, there are worse things. I admit to not watching the cartoons, but I know they'd really not interest me regardless of how genuinely good they may be. In a game like Borderlands, with rampant alcoholism references, mass murder, and general government insanity... Bronies are what upset you? I mean, it's not even grammatically correct considering Gaige is female and I'd never really seen a female MLP fan call themselves a brony.

From one person who was anti-brony when it was mainly a huge annoying me me used for everything over the span of a few months to someone who genuinely couldn't give a damn less now... let it go.
#180Matty_G33Posted 10/9/2012 10:05:50 PM(edited)
eco master posted...
Pretty sure if they had to remove those, they'd have to start removing all referential humor in the game. Seeing as how the game is full of that, I don't see them removing one small part of it.

It seems more understandable in this case though, considering bronies are pretty much hipsters and furries who have the traits of the worst of both worlds.

EDIT: I might add that I would be better off if I knew some of Gaige's skills weren't MLP references to begin with, but everyone just shoves it all in my face. Oh, internet...
---
You hop around trying to click on the bad guy's head before he clicks on yours first. ~Interrobangin, on CS:GO