Ok, I learned my lesson

#1zman133Posted 10/9/2012 11:18:59 AM
Used a trainer to give myself thousands of badass tokens, which i then used to give myself over +100% to all my stats. Now I'm a bit bored because of this. Other than reinstalling and turning off steam cloud, is there another way i can reset my badass rank? (and by reset I mean actually resetting it, not just turning it off)
---
Not deleting this sig until Nintendo announces a new 2D Zelda ~ 10/04/2007
#2boktai3Posted 10/9/2012 11:21:33 AM
zman133 posted...
Used a trainer to give myself thousands of badass tokens, which i then used to give myself over +100% to all my stats. Now I'm a bit bored because of this. Other than reinstalling and turning off steam cloud, is there another way i can reset my badass rank? (and by reset I mean actually resetting it, not just turning it off)

if you go into your game files and get rid of your profile, it should get rid of it, but you'd lose your keys too.
#3Gojak_v3Posted 10/9/2012 11:24:14 AM
Turn off Steam cloud. Delete your save game locally. Run BL2. Start new character. Save game and exit. Turn back on Steam cloud. When Steam tells you the data is different, pick to upload local files.

Your Badass Rank should now be reset. I don't think there is anyway to reset it on the character you were originally playing if that's what you're asking.
#4WhiteNutsPosted 10/9/2012 11:28:11 AM
1. Go to Documents > My Games > Borderlands 2 > Willow Game > Save Data > 76561198643549712 (I believe this number is random)

2. Delete profile.bin

P.S. This will also wipe any Golden Keys you left unused and possibly skins/heads.
#5WhiteNutsPosted 10/9/2012 11:29:09 AM
Gojak_v3 posted...
Turn off Steam cloud. Delete your save game locally. Run BL2. Start new character. Save game and exit. Turn back on Steam cloud. When Steam tells you the data is different, pick to upload local files.

Your Badass Rank should now be reset. I don't think there is anyway to reset it on the character you were originally playing if that's what you're asking.

The method I posted won't mess his character, just Badass Points, Golden Keys and possibly skins and heads.
#6zman133(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 11:36:33 AM
Deleting my profile actually worked perfectly. Did cause me to lose 1 of my keys (had 2 before, after I deleted my profile.bin the amount went down to 1). Also lost all my skins and heads (disappointing, but I can live with it). Steep price to pay, but worth it. Thanks
---
Not deleting this sig until Nintendo announces a new 2D Zelda ~ 10/04/2007
#7pwn_teh_noobzPosted 10/9/2012 11:39:42 AM
There are trainers that allow you to reset your badass bonuses.
---
I hate my username so much.
#8WhiteNutsPosted 10/9/2012 11:39:43 AM
zman133 posted...
Deleting my profile actually worked perfectly. Did cause me to lose 1 of my keys (had 2 before, after I deleted my profile.bin the amount went down to 1). Also lost all my skins and heads (disappointing, but I can live with it). Steep price to pay, but worth it. Thanks

I'm sorry about the skins and heads, but I really don't know how to reset just the Badass Points. :(
#9DivineheroPosted 10/9/2012 11:42:58 AM(edited)
i know how... with cheat engine

1: set all the bonuses to your desired # (like 73 would be 25%) DO NOT FREEEZE IT

2: give yourself a badass token or 2 (if u need em)

3: spend a token or 2 on any stat u can

4: quick travel to save exit game completely close cheat engine and reenter game

that should fix it
---
Every time I hear "The Big Bang Theory" I imagine God having sex with something and BOOM the Universe was created. - PatrickSim
#10DuDuDu10101Posted 10/9/2012 12:41:28 PM
best idea is to just uninstall and play another game...

once you have tasted the power, you'll never want to go back

lying to yourself by resetting badass points isn't going to buy that "fun" back... since you have been accustomed to playing god in BL2, when you're not hitting everything like a truck you'll feel awful

there's nothing you can do to reclaim "fun", once it's spent... best to simply put it down and move on
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.