The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I Was Really Hoping the Buzzard Would Become a Usable Vehicle.....

#1Death DurronPosted 10/10/2012 9:08:30 AM
After watching preview videos yay back I was looking forward to a flying vehicle implemented into this game and was rather surprise that we only get the Runner and Technical.

I can't think of any major negative aspects to having a flying vehicle so hopefully in one of the four upcoming DLCs it'll be a usable vehicle.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#2NicoGrimmPosted 10/10/2012 9:09:35 AM
I was kinda hoping on more vehicles in general.
DLC, maybe?
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#3gamesmasterwanttobePosted 10/10/2012 9:21:05 AM
Problem with flying vehicles is you are gonna be repeatedly find people trying to fly through invisible walls in the air. It's not a true sandbox in that respect.
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge
FC (Trades/Battles) 5414 2981 6170
#4DuDuDu10101Posted 10/10/2012 10:22:16 AM
biggest freaking hurdle to having a buzzard

scooter keeps saying CATCHA RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

not fly a copter
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.
#5Death Durron(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 10:33:22 AM
DuDuDu10101 posted...
biggest freaking hurdle to having a buzzard

scooter keeps saying CATCHA RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

not fly a copter

But but I wanna hum Flight of the Valkyire like some of the Buzzard pilots do and do fly-bys while my friends rain death upon our enemies followed up with an airdrop to finish off survivors. It's just not the same with the Technical...... =/
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#6potatochobitPosted 10/10/2012 12:06:12 PM
you can ride in a helicopter, bro
---
http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
rules do not make justice but justice has rules -potatochobit 2012
#7stoned_pilchPosted 10/10/2012 12:08:58 PM
There will be various different vehicles in upcoming DLC, one similar to the speeder bikes in return of the jedi, apparently.
#8BridlingPosted 10/10/2012 12:20:46 PM
When I saw the Buzzards, I thought, "cool, I'm gonna steal me one of these or end up making one.", but it never happened, I was crushed.
---
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/Nayroy18/48ad8e96.gif
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool.
#9cody4783Posted 10/10/2012 12:30:39 PM
Yeah, the Buzzard absolutely seemed like a possibility for a playable vehicle. Shame.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#10beckdawgPosted 10/10/2012 12:34:32 PM
I think it would be quite easy to break the game with them. For example, you could easily go outside the confines of the map and likely avoid the auto-turrets because buzzards are faster.

I understand they are interesting and why people would want them but I don't think from a functionality standpoint they really work. And if you think about it, how many levels even have driving? The dust, three horns, eridium blight, arid nexus and the highlands are all that come to mind. Three horns, Nexus and the dust don't really change anything but there are portions of the highlands where you could skip a lot fighting and go directly to an area. Ditto with EB. You in theory could fly all the way to the top of the Volcano rather than the platforming.

I think in order to make it feasible they would need to alter their level design in a way that would get rid of the auto turrets and thus invisible walls.
---
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. - Bullet Tooth Tony
I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose. - Lester Burnham