I don't understand how fight for your life works

#11mcrskyline2Posted 10/11/2012 10:11:31 AM
Caterwaul posted...
DuDuDu10101 posted...
you actually have health still in FFYL

so if the enemy keeps slapping you as you're down, your bar zips away as if it never existed

Absolutely not true. Going into an area with three Badasses knocking me immediately into FFYL, I can tank them all the way to the bar's emptiness.

...It's the reason why the FFYL mode is absurdly broken in this game, often, it's better to incap yourself for the sake of not being knockback'd and not taking damage, and getting the bonus health and shields for Second Wind.

OT: Like others have said, each subsequent death over a set amount of time will reduce the duration of the next FFYL. It's like, dying two minutes apart will give you a 10% reduction, while dying 30 seconds apart will give you a 50% reduction (making up numbers to make a point). Over time of not dying, your FFYL will go back to full duration.

not absolutely not true. if you get hit by enemy car in FFYL, you die instantly. which means you can still take damage. for further reference, there are relics saying like "add % of your FFYL healfh bar" :)

so i would like to say, cripple / ffyl is more complex than that
---
PSN ID : MCR_BonZ
"Sure.. You make a mistake, or three.. Don't let it get to you"
#12cody4783Posted 10/11/2012 10:19:42 AM
for further reference, there are relics saying like "add % of your FFYL healfh bar" :)

Er, they actually say "+% Fight for your life health", there's really no clarification on WHAT that health really is. Asked a couple friends and they both assumed it was basically the health you recover with once you get a second wind. >_>
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#13mcrskyline2Posted 10/11/2012 10:23:20 AM
cody4783 posted...
for further reference, there are relics saying like "add % of your FFYL healfh bar" :)

Er, they actually say "+% Fight for your life health", there's really no clarification on WHAT that health really is. Asked a couple friends and they both assumed it was basically the health you recover with once you get a second wind. >_>

like i said, ffyl is more complex than that. i even open my.argument with "not absolutely not true" to show that i myself dont know the mechanism of ffyl, buddy :) but thanks for backing me up
---
PSN ID : MCR_BonZ
"Sure.. You make a mistake, or three.. Don't let it get to you"
#14WisconsinxpPosted 10/11/2012 11:05:57 AM
Firstly that loading screen tip is only useful for people with systems slow enough to actually be able to read the text on them. I've noticed more than a few recent games that rarely ever give you enough time to read those tips because data loads too fast. :-/

First world problems, right man?
---
Pata Pata Pata PON
March the Patapon Tribe!
#15WisconsinxpPosted 10/11/2012 11:08:42 AM
cody4783 posted...

There are relics that increase second wind health so I don't think the FFYL health does that. I just think it increases the amount of time you have.
---
Pata Pata Pata PON
March the Patapon Tribe!
#16cody4783Posted 10/11/2012 11:09:25 AM
Firstly that loading screen tip is only useful for people with systems slow enough to actually be able to read the text on them. I've noticed more than a few recent games that rarely ever give you enough time to read those tips because data loads too fast. :-/

First world problems, right man?

>_>
It does bring up an interesting point. I saw a YouTube video someone recorded from one of the consoles (360, if I'm not mistaken). It actually *cycled* through--THREE-- loading screen tooltips before actually getting into the game.

It was kinda painful...
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8HwdC.jpg
#17Gigafreak gfPosted 10/11/2012 11:23:57 AM
mcrskyline2 posted...

not absolutely not true. if you get hit by enemy car in FFYL, you die instantly. which means you can still take damage. for further reference, there are relics saying like "add % of your FFYL healfh bar" :)

so i would like to say, cripple / ffyl is more complex than that

Getting hit by a car isn't damaging, it's the same instakill that happens if you fall into a bottomless pit. That's how it was in Borderlands 1, after all.

FFYL DOES make you invincible-- if someone starts reviving you at the last instant before your timer empties completely, no amount of bullets will finish you off unless your teammate lets go of you.

Also I'm pretty sure that relic gives "+x% Fight For Your Life Time," not health.
#18xfyrenxPosted 10/11/2012 11:24:40 AM

That's what I assumed, too. Isn't that the case?
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#19Gigafreak gfPosted 10/11/2012 11:33:40 AM
Found a screenshot.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100891817

It's TIME, not HEALTH.
#20xfyrenxPosted 10/11/2012 11:36:46 AM
Yeah, got the two effects mixed up.
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier