I don't understand how fight for your life works

#21cody4783Posted 10/11/2012 10:38:18 AM
Yeah, got the two effects mixed up.

To be fair, so did I.

Haven't used a Vitality relic in awhile. Wasn't really certain on the effect of it even when I did.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#22xfyrenxPosted 10/11/2012 10:43:15 AM

To be fair, so did I.

Haven't used a Vitality relic in awhile. Wasn't really certain on the effect of it even when I did.

I'm using the Sheriff's Badge, which states that it gives increased FFYL time and max health... And I assumed they meant second wind health. Yeah, I know how to read >_>
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
SID - KarmaTheAlligator
#23Gigafreak gfPosted 10/11/2012 10:43:43 AM
cody4783 posted...

To be fair, so did I.

Oh, Vitality does give you +max health. The relic in question is actually Tenacity.

I wonder if Tenacity's time bonus is added to merely the maximum possible FFYL time, or if it gets slapped on top of whatever tiny amount you had left after repeated Second Winds?
#24cody4783Posted 10/11/2012 10:46:02 AM
Oh, Vitality does give you +max health. The relic in question is actually Tenacity.

@_@
Bad day for me...Quite bad

I should just go back to bed. hah...

But yeah, meant Tenacity. Curious how >100% figures work. Guessing +100% would be double what you get normally returning from FFYL.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#25JimiMorrison187Posted 10/11/2012 11:20:44 AM(edited)
Firstly that loading screen tip is only useful for people with systems slow enough to actually be able to read the text on them. I've noticed more than a few recent games that rarely ever give you enough time to read those tips because data loads too fast. :-/

First world problems, right man?

>_>
It does bring up an interesting point. I saw a YouTube video someone recorded from one of the consoles (360, if I'm not mistaken). It actually *cycled* through--THREE-- loading screen tooltips before actually getting into the game.

It was kinda painful...

LOL...I'll take the trade off of not being able to read tips vs 2 minute load times from the consoles. Fallout I nearly s*** myself when I got the PC version after playing on PS3 how much faster it was. I can't read any of those in time either usually except when I first load the game it takes like 5 seconds instead of 1. XD

OF course they should revamp these tips in a way for fast systems. Like have it overlay on the screen for a few seconds once the game loads in a little tip box like you get when you die and the machine tells you how much you just paid to resurrect. You can turn them off of course too.
---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
#26MarikhenPosted 10/11/2012 11:20:55 AM
Wisconsinxp posted...
First world problems, right man?

It probably has more to do with developing for the lowest common denominator of PCs and keeping games scaleable for consoles than it has to do with the fact that I'm using a Phenom II with 8gb of RAM on a system where the OS and games are on two separate SATA-II drives.

This is borne out by how many older, PC-exclusive games still have respectable load times that let you read those tips while a lot of cross-platform games released within the last 2-4 years don't.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#27mcrskyline2Posted 10/11/2012 4:26:44 PM
Gigafreak gf posted...
mcrskyline2 posted...

not absolutely not true. if you get hit by enemy car in FFYL, you die instantly. which means you can still take damage. for further reference, there are relics saying like "add % of your FFYL healfh bar" :)

so i would like to say, cripple / ffyl is more complex than that

Getting hit by a car isn't damaging, it's the same instakill that happens if you fall into a bottomless pit. That's how it was in Borderlands 1, after all.

FFYL DOES make you invincible-- if someone starts reviving you at the last instant before your timer empties completely, no amount of bullets will finish you off unless your teammate lets go of you.

Also I'm pretty sure that relic gives "+x% Fight For Your Life Time," not health.

hmmm, about the car, i was saying a different case. i am not getting hit by a car while still standing, but while in FFYL. if ffyl is truly invincible, it should not be the matter ryt? or the game forcing me to think "you fall into bottomless pit while in ffyl"? lol
---
PSN ID : MCR_BonZ
"Sure.. You make a mistake, or three.. Don't let it get to you"
#28mcrskyline2Posted 10/11/2012 4:34:07 PM
and, i am sorry for making a false statement about ffyl relics. been a tiring day for me last night :)
---
PSN ID : MCR_BonZ
"Sure.. You make a mistake, or three.. Don't let it get to you"
#29Crimson681Posted 10/11/2012 4:55:08 PM
Keep a launcher in one of your 4 slots, a strong launcher is usually 1hko vs just about any normal mob. Swap it in when downed, hit something then retreat back to cover.