So will this pirate DLC raise the level cap?

#11cpg2Posted 10/11/2012 9:26:39 AM
It would be nice if they eventually added new skills, but maybe not in this first DLC. Give people a bit of time to have fun with a maxed (or nearly maxed) build, then come in later with a new tier of skills with a new direction. Dumbing down the builds is fine as long as they're fun to use, but eventually it would get a little stale.
#12BridlingPosted 10/11/2012 9:48:02 AM
I wonder if they'll be like some other game I've played and add a new rarity tier for each DLC.
---
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/Nayroy18/48ad8e96.gif
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool.
#13tales_of_chaosPosted 10/11/2012 11:04:32 AM
cpg2 posted...
It would be nice if they eventually added new skills, but maybe not in this first DLC. Give people a bit of time to have fun with a maxed (or nearly maxed) build, then come in later with a new tier of skills with a new direction. Dumbing down the builds is fine as long as they're fun to use, but eventually it would get a little stale.

i think they might cause my slayer of terramorphus has a skill that zer0 DOESNT have
---
mothers sleep better when finding out people on gamefaqs cry more then their infant children
#14cody4783Posted 10/11/2012 11:05:52 AM
i think they might cause my slayer of terramorphus has a skill that zer0 DOESNT have

I...
What...

All the ones I've ever seen had 5 of the 6 first-tier skills. Did you get one in the last day or two that was different? o_o
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#15NicoGrimmPosted 10/11/2012 11:07:00 AM
I think Zer0's slayer of Terra mod has one of Sal's skills.
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#16Robtcee13Posted 10/11/2012 12:27:20 PM
ShinesmanOW posted...
Higher level cap would dumb down the builds, because you wouldn't have to make as many hard decisions about what to skip.

I'm hoping that when they raise the level cap they also add new top-tier skills to the existing skill trees, keep it so you have to specialize.

Either that or make the 50+ levels give you something other than normal skill points.

What I would like is the ability for level cap to be raised for conventional questing, but for you to be dropped to level 50 with a level 50 skill build for raid bosses and anything else that's actually a challenge and requires you to have a carefully crafted build.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#17JimiMorrison187Posted 10/11/2012 12:31:53 PM
I want more skill points too. Want to combo some stuff a bit more. Actually, I wish they would dump us a free 9 levels like they did for BL1 RIGHT NOW even before the DLC comes out. <_<
---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh