The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is there any info on Pandora itself?

#1NicoGrimmPosted 10/11/2012 10:04:37 AM
Why does The Dust look like a city covered in sand? Why do all the ice places look like there was some sort of flash freeze (boats way out of water and all that). What was Pandora like before the discovery of the Vault? From what we've seen, the Gun Corporations only showed up AFTER the Vault was discovered. Assumingly, the bandits as well. Was it peaceful before?
So many questions!
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#2Bisected8Posted 10/11/2012 10:07:16 AM
It was basically the same; it was colonised by Dahl (hence why the bins and stuff have their logos) who set up mining facilities and the like. Then the planet entered its "night" cycle (think along the lines of the North Pole, except with a second sun) and the various fauna woke up. Eventually Dahl pulled out when Hyperion and Atlus showed up, the prisoners they were using for labour became bandits and things went (even more) to hell.
---
Having to explain your joke doesn't make it clever, but having to have a joke explained to you doesn't make it unfunny.
#3NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 10:10:09 AM
Wait Pandora used to have long day/night cycles? Any idea what changed?
---
Next time you need me for something, just know I've more pressing things to pursue!
#4DuDuDu10101Posted 10/11/2012 10:13:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 10:14:26 AM
So, the Vault was basically found around the same time Pandora was colonized?
---
#6cody4783Posted 10/11/2012 10:17:09 AM(edited)
Oddly, I'm actually more interested as to what exists in the REST of the Borderlands universe. Especially since, from the sounds of it, Gaige just dropshuttled in from another planet to flee from the authorities.

Edit: Pandora's colonization and the discovery of the Vault would actually make some sense. Given that there wasn't really a *whole* lot in terms of cities, aside from the occasional outposts and such. My memory isn't great in regards to every area in BL1, but it seems reasonable the last 5 years have held a large portion of Pandora's colonization efforts.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#7DuDuDu10101Posted 10/11/2012 10:15:46 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8DarkHero8Posted 10/11/2012 10:17:44 AM
From what I remember in BL1 lore, the day night cycle is what you see there, sped up a little for game purposes, but pretty normal I think.

The change was the seasons, which were very long. In BL1, Dahl set up in the winter when everything was calm. Everything was well, they mined and searched for the vault and everything with no problem.

But then when spring came after years on Pandora, all the beasts came out of hibernation and the planet turned very hostile. It stopped being cost effective to stay there, even when employing convicts for no cost at all. So Dahl pulls out and leaves bandits, Atlas picks it up for cheap in BL1.

Which is why mostly in BL1 everything was bare rock. the snow had receded and it was like a February/March condition, nothing growing but animals out. Most of the areas in BL2 have a summer feel to them because it's Pandora's summer now.
#9xfyrenxPosted 10/11/2012 10:18:34 AM
Especially since, from the sounds of it, Gaige just dropshuttled in from another planet to flee from the authorities.

Every Vault Hunter is from another planet, except Salvador. But yes, I'd love to know a bit more about the Borderlands universe.
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#10NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 10:19:16 AM
Right, that's where your story started. But, colonized Pandora couldnt have been that old by that point right?

Also, do we know who discovered that there is a vault in the first place? I get that there was (at first) no connection between Eridium and The Vault (other than that they're both alien), but someone must have said "Hey, there's this giant Vault full on treasure!" right?
---