The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Just a rumor?

#1ShinesmanOWPosted 10/14/2012 1:10:38 PM
Supposedly, killing things right after coming to an area reduces the drop rate, theoretically to discourage farming.

Is there any truth to this? If so, is there any indication of what has to happen before the penalty disappears?
#2stoned_pilchPosted 10/14/2012 1:17:31 PM
Why would they want to discourage farming? It's basically all there is to do once you've finished all the quests, apart from do challenges.
#3Kosba_2142Posted 10/14/2012 1:20:51 PM
You do... realize this game emphasizes farming right...?
---
I made several of these just cause Gamewiesel lets me, trolololol. Oh and by the way; cats are awesome
#4ShinesmanOW(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 1:56:11 PM
Nit-picking apart my word choice does not answer my question.

Then again, this is GameFAQs, so expecting a helpful reply is a bit of a stretch on my part.
#5Robtcee13Posted 10/14/2012 2:06:58 PM
It's probably a rumor. Not only would that decision not make sense, it probably comes from a player who's got their own way of farming based on assumptions that have no real evidence supporting them. If you want to follow it or not, that's your decision, but it's certainly nothing close to fact, letalone common knowledge.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#6glory of power metalPosted 10/14/2012 2:08:14 PM(edited)
Then again, this is GameFAQs, so expecting a helpful reply is a bit of a stretch on my part.

In all fairness it's a bit of a ridiculous question. You're saying someone told you that there's a buffer period upon entering an area where you should sit around and wait because you have a reduced chance of getting drops that are normally available?

Eh..
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#7potatochobitPosted 10/14/2012 2:09:46 PM
THIS IS NOT DIABLO
---
http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
rules do not make justice but justice has rules -potatochobit 2012
#8Sophie89Posted 10/14/2012 2:12:09 PM
Its part true, I heard another one saying the whole mechanic is based on playing longer sessions for better stuff. Well, after ~320 hours of BL2, I can say:

I remember doing numerous warrior runs, without any legendary.
I play my 3rd toon and do warrior on TVHM, lv 50 CC
Same with bosses. Like Black Queen, she never appears until I made a new chara and faced her two times in a row on normal mode. (Not to mention Jenkins.)

I got the feeling that bosses and legendarys in general drop more when you playthrough the actual game instead of just farming it. (Level 24 Axton without any breaks got 5 legendarys already, while my "drop-in&out" main character only found 1 in total, in a three player game.(up to level 50) Because we only had like 1-2 hours per day to play.

Just my own experience, but I think its true what the rumors say.
---
[EU] MH3 ID: Z98KXV - Hyacia | HR 273 Bowgun ^q^
3DS Friendcode: 2062-9383-2229 ~ RE:R - Lv 50 Jessica/Quint
#9potatochobitPosted 10/14/2012 2:13:43 PM
if you read the recent posts on the 'warrior'

you will see the drop rate is higher the 'first time' you fight it in story mission mode
now, if how long you fight him matters I cannot say, but it is without a doubt a higher drop rate the FIRST time you kill it
---
http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
rules do not make justice but justice has rules -potatochobit 2012
#10ShinesmanOW(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 2:36:22 PM
glory of power metal posted...

In all fairness it's a bit of a ridiculous question. You're saying someone told you that there's a buffer period upon entering an area where you should sit around and wait because you have a reduced chance of getting drops that are normally available?

I'm a bit confused as to why this seems like such an odd proposition.

At any rate, the person who originally stated this (on this board, a while back) was talking about the unique pistol dropped by the Irish mob, who are not nearly as sexy as the Brazilian mob, stated that the drop rate was almost zero if he attempted to just kill, reload the game, kill, etc...

Given that I'm trying to get a specific item, I don't want to waste my time if there's a mechanic that inhibits grinding for oranges.