just to make sure, are there any eridian weapons in this game?

#1kenechPosted 10/18/2012 6:23:15 AM
topic. just checking to make sure.
#2Alias_NemesisPosted 10/18/2012 6:28:44 AM
there are.
---
PSN = Dudecough [Now playing : Borderlands 2 (PC), The Little King Story (Vita) and Tales of the Abyss (3DS)]
#3InfestedAdamPosted 10/18/2012 6:33:00 AM
They seem rather rare or uncommon through from my experience. I think through ~1.75 playthroughs (Just met up with the Slab King on Playthrough 2) I've only seen about 3-4 drop at most.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#4cpg2Posted 10/18/2012 6:34:02 AM
They're not what they were in the first game. Now they're normal(ish) guns that are "e-tech" so they behave in interesting, not-always-useful ways. But they're not recharging energy weapons like before.
#5natchu96Posted 10/18/2012 6:52:12 AM
cpg2 posted...
They're not what they were in the first game. Now they're normal(ish) guns that are "e-tech" so they behave in interesting, not-always-useful ways. But they're not recharging energy weapons like before.

To clarify using Dr. Zed's opinion, they seem to turn bullets into "something that's . . . NOT bullets . . ."

"After seeing you waste those bandits, I think I can come to a medically sound conclusion: these E-tech guns a frickin' dope!"
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#6MindersPosted 10/18/2012 7:12:56 AM
That would be E-tech weapons, not eridian weapons as far as I'm aware.

E-tech weapons are "normal" weapons that use more ammo and tend to behave differently (railgun snipers for example)

Eridian weapons from borderlands 1 were a class in themselves, kind off. They didn't use ammo and instead had an energy meter that recharged.

If that's what you're asking, then no, I haven't seen any.
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#7JayFightPosted 10/18/2012 7:27:50 AM
Minders posted...

E-tech weapons are "normal" weapons that use more ammo and tend to behave differently (railgun snipers for example)

Eridian weapons from borderlands 1 were a class in themselves, kind off. They didn't use ammo and instead had an energy meter that recharged.

e-tech weapons are ......Eridian-tech.....WHA?!?!?! *goes into game show announcer voice* yes that's right the weapon companies of pandora have done it, they have reversed engineered eridian weapons so that they can take that technology and apply it to their guns. gone are the days when you have to try and find these lavishly weird looking guns that more or less resembled a tree branch and shoot lightning out of them nope now you can have any kind of gun you like and use them to shoot pink lasers instead!!!

the story is that the companies broke down pretty much every eridian weapon to figure out how to make e-tech so yeah it's the closest you'll get to a full eridian weapon now
---
Fast as a Cheetah, Strong as a Lion.
Mess with Me, And soon you'll be Flyin
#8HellFireXSPosted 10/18/2012 7:39:47 AM
JayFight posted...
Minders posted...

e-tech weapons are ......Eridian-tech.....WHA?!?!?! *goes into game show announcer voice* yes that's right the weapon companies of pandora have done it, they have reversed engineered eridian weapons so that they can take that technology and apply it to their guns. gone are the days when you have to try and find these lavishly weird looking guns that more or less resembled a tree branch and shoot lightning out of them nope now you can have any kind of gun you like and use them to shoot pink lasers instead!!!

the story is that the companies broke down pretty much every eridian weapon to figure out how to make e-tech so yeah it's the closest you'll get to a full eridian weapon now

Are you sure? I thought the story was that Jack sold the eridium that came from the vault to the companies who made e(ridium)-tech weapons, thats what Dr Zed says and he said now we know how Jack got so rich so fast.

Eridium comes from the eridian vault (thus the name I suppose) but it not the same thing, unless I am mistaken and missed that part of the game (where is that mentioned that the companies broke the old guns down to make new ones?)
#9HonooNoYariPosted 10/18/2012 8:36:23 AM
The E-tech weapons seem to always come in a darker shade of purple than the "regular" purple weapons and always have a quirky effect with them. I've found a few, an Aggressive Plasma Caster among them (shock SMG, above average stats for its level, fires bouncing plasma bolts a la Doom's plasma rifle).
---
PSN ID: ggn83
Dragon's Dogma Pawns: Past - Diandra, Current: Guts
#10DARQ MXPosted 10/18/2012 9:55:03 AM
are there any Legendary E tech weapons in this game? I had an e-tech gun and it sucked. SO I sold it. lol
---
Intel i5 2500k+on FRIO|8GB G.Skill RipJaws|Raptor X, 1TB WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme 4 G3 |Sapphire 2GB 6970|Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R & K90|Win 7 Pro 64